FYI. Headset button not recognized after Bionic ICS when the screen is dark

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by ms1951, Nov 2, 2012.

1. ms1951

ms1951 New Member

After the Bionic ICS upgrade the button on my wired headset is not recognized if the screen is dark.

I am using the Headset Button Controller app. Before the upgrade it worked with out a flaw. Now, if the screen is dark the button is ignored. To be clear, the screen does not have to be in the Locked state, just dark for the button to be ignored.
    I reported this to the DEV of the Headset Button Controller app, he replied he is recieving this complaint from users of Motorola devices runnig ICS. And it is a Motorola problem and cannot be fixed by app developers.

Even with the app disabled, the stock music player has the same problem. As long a the screen is active the button action works - when the screen is dark the button is ignored.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]This makes headset button contol useless if you have to take the phone out of your pocket and turn it on to pause or play your music.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Posted this on the motorola users forum also, If I hear from them I will update this post.[/FONT]
  2. _glook

_glook New Member

I'm having the same issue on my Droid 4. I've talked to Verizon and they can't seem to help. It really does seem like something with ICS, since it was working fine in gingerbread. I did a factory reset after getting the update.

Have you had any luck getting this to work?
  3. WaltA

WaltA New Member

Ditto. :frown: I did find this warning in the headset button app Klipsch:
  4. ms1951

ms1951 New Member

Unfortunately I never got it working. And for me it just got worse, after the Jelly Bean update the Headset Button Controller app is completely ignored. I have swapped emails with the Dev - but he has no clue as to why.
    -
Search tags for this page

android galaxy pocket 2.3.6 upgrade to 4.0

android headset button motorola
android ics headset button
diablo 3 headset not working propertly
droid bionic 3 button headset
wired headset button not working with screen off