Funny Battery Life

natezire71

Reaction score
For all you haters out there on the GNexus' battery life--my Nexus charges it's own battery. I had 4%. Checked the phone later, had 6%. :D (Didn't even plug it in!)

Talk about a smartphone.

YKr3ll.png

dagdoot

Reaction score
mines been doing the same thing lately lol..i put it down with 15% and 4 hours later i picked it back up after not touching it and it had 30%..i was confused

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
That happened to me on Sunday. I had 15% and shut the phone off (I was at Universal Studios and didn't want it to die on me before we left). About an hour later I turned it back on to check the time, and it was at 50%!!! I figured it was a bug and it would discharge very quickly, but nope, I used it while waiting in lines and it went down at normal speed. It was quite a nice surprise :)

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
My theory is that the battery percentage is gauged on usage. Sort of like a trip computer in a car.

If you're using it heavily, it'll say (example) 39% remaining. However, if you put it in airplane mode or just let it idle, it'll say 50%. In other words, "You have 39% battery remaining if you keep using the phone like this." This makes it more accurate, in my opinion.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
My theory is that the battery percentage is gauged on usage. Sort of like a trip computer in a car.

If you're using it heavily, it'll say (example) 39% remaining. However, if you put it in airplane mode or just let it idle, it'll say 50%. In other words, "You have 39% battery remaining if you keep using the phone like this." This makes it more accurate, in my opinion.

Maybe a new ICS feature?

Most likely a bug though, lol.

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
I've not seen that. But I have noticed that it seems to drain slower the lower it goes. It usually doesn't take long for me to drop to around 50 percent, then it seems to hang onto that last half a little longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
Tossed in the extended battery and am already noticing better battery life. I hope it charges itself also. :)