Froyo removed MP3 tags?

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Posting this question for a friend with an Incredible.. hoping you guys can help out...

"Prior to the upgrade i had all my albums listed under the respective artist. since the 2.2 upgrade the software removes the artist name and lists it as "unknown". it'll keep the album art, track listing and album name and list most of my mp3's under unknown artist.".................

Any ideas?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Have they tried removing and reinstalling all of the music? I know it's a pain but that's the best advice i can give at this point. If it still doesn't work after reinstalling, I would guess something went south on the install.

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Have they tried removing and reinstalling all of the music? I know it's a pain but that's the best advice i can give at this point. If it still doesn't work after reinstalling, I would guess something went south on the install.

Thx for the reply... Yes, he did try reinstalling his music and it didn't work. I've always run rooted/custom versions of Froyo for my Droid, never used the OTA... Can you reinstall Froyo on the Incredible once its allready there?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You can. If you jump over to HTC Incredible Forum, we have some good instructions about reverting back on there. I personally haven't reverted back to stock, so I'm not a good authority. And don't worry, I'm not stealing people. Incredible Forum is our dedicated subforum for the Incredible. We usually have more traffic and can get your questions answered faster.

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^ I will lead him in that direction.. its worth a try... Thx man!