Front facing camera crashes on startup...anyone else?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Whenever i try to switch to my front facing camera in the camera app, the screen goes black for a few seconds and than i see a quick error message of "Unable to initialize device" or something like that. If i try to open up the camera app agian after it crashes, it just keeps crashing until i restart my phone and it reverts the settings to the back camera.

I've already tried clearing my camera data but that didn't work. Is this a known problem or am i just unlucky?

AZDroid09

Reaction score
That hasn't happened to me, I have opened it and used it without issue.

ziggynagy

Reaction score
Whenever i try to switch to my front facing camera in the camera app, the screen goes black for a few seconds and than i see a quick error message of "Unable to initialize device" or something like that. If i try to open up the camera app agian after it crashes, it just keeps crashing until i restart my phone and it reverts the settings to the back camera.

I've already tried clearing my camera data but that didn't work. Is this a known problem or am i just unlucky?

just got my D3 today and having the same camera issue, neither front our back camera will initialize... Tried restart and battery pull, no luck so far.

ziggynagy

Reaction score
So I got this issue resolved, kinda. I was getting the "Unable to Initialize Camera" error when trying to access the camera, and was unsuccessful resolving via power off/on, battery pull and factory reset. I brought my phone into the Verizon Store, they tried all of the above and then just gave me a new D3.

So resolution: get a new D3.

OP
Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I really wanted to avoid gettting a new droid 3...i'll try the factory reset and let you guys know :)