Somebody please help! Camera wont initialize

DroidBadByer

Reaction score
So I just bought a Droid 3 from an ebay seller, who LIED and said everything was working on the phone. Come to find out that the camera app won't initialize at all.

I've tried EVERYTHING, including a system-based data restore through the DEVICE not the CARRIER, as well as a reset through the carrier--I mean, everything.

Still when i open the camera or video app, the screen is black, and an icon for the app pops out and then it says "camera unable to initialize." Suppose this is not a software issue and is a hardware issue. Would replacing the actual camera part make it work or would I need to replace the whole side flex cable that holds the front camera connectors and the speaker? I mean, the speaker is working and all, the hardware for the camera is connected, yet still the camera wont initialize. Would someone please tell me, would buying and installing a new camera hardware fix my issue or is this software-related? Thanks!

shockwave72

Reaction score
So I just bought a Droid 3 from an ebay seller, who LIED and said everything was working on the phone. Come to find out that the camera app won't initialize at all.

I've tried EVERYTHING, including a system-based data restore through the DEVICE not the CARRIER, as well as a reset through the carrier--I mean, everything.

Still when i open the camera or video app, the screen is black, and an icon for the app pops out and then it says "camera unable to initialize." Suppose this is not a software issue and is a hardware issue. Would replacing the actual camera part make it work or would I need to replace the whole side flex cable that holds the front camera connectors and the speaker? I mean, the speaker is working and all, the hardware for the camera is connected, yet still the camera wont initialize. Would someone please tell me, would buying and installing a new camera hardware fix my issue or is this software-related? Thanks!

Is this phone completely stock? Sounds like to me it may be a software issue. You said you've tried a factory data reset?