Friend Stream does not update, always force closes

Aluminum21

Reaction score
For some reason now friend stream always shows "no recent updates", and when I try to go to the menu option it force closes it right away. I've tried removing the widget and turning the phone on and off, still the same problem

kmo

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue today as well. Hasn't done this to me before, maybe a network thing? It's just "friendstream" my Facebook app is working fine...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
It was happening to me also. Must have been something on their end for a minute. Mine works fine now.

kmo

Reaction score
Have tried several suggested fixes posted on the web and still NO "friendstream." I don't really use this feature too much, (occasionally) but still would like to get this back. It's bugging me that this just stopped working. Wondering if my file has been corrupted some how?

Edit: Talked to both VZW and HTC re: this problem, no help from either. Guess I won't be using this "friendstream" app unless I factory reset the phone, which I don't really want to do. I tried clearing cache/data, removing widget, logging out/in, rebooting, un-installing FB app and re-installing and that didn't help. :confused: PITA...
Update: Just got it back>went into accounts/sync uninstalled FB again. Re-installed FB for "HTC sense" (not the one that just says Facebook) on the accounts/sync page. All is well again. I don't quite get it but oh well it's back for now...

Last edited:
OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Have tried several suggested fixes posted on the web and still NO "friendstream." I don't really use this feature too much, (occasionally) but still would like to get this back. It's bugging me that this just stopped working. Wondering if my file has been corrupted some how?

Edit: Talked to both VZW and HTC re: this problem, no help from either. Guess I won't be using this "friendstream" app unless I factory reset the phone, which I don't really want to do. I tried clearing cache/data, removing widget, logging out/in, rebooting, un-installing FB app and re-installing and that didn't help. :confused: PITA...
Update: Just got it back>went into accounts/sync uninstalled FB again. Re-installed FB for "HTC sense" (not the one that just says Facebook) on the accounts/sync page. All is well again. I don't quite get it but oh well it's back for now...

if you uninstall it, where do you download it again?

kmo

Reaction score
You can find "Faceook for Android" in the Market apps...

solorca

Reaction score
I don't have this problem, but I will have an issue with Facebook not updating. I have to remove and reload Twitter and Facebook before it will begin working again (Twitter always updates without issue, but I have to remove it in order to make Facebook work for some reason).

It's annoying, but I like Friendstream so much better than every other option out there.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I still can't get it to work. I uninstalled it, unsynced facebook, loaded it up again synced up again, then same thing (force close when opening the menu of the widget and always says no updates)