frg22

mrwright1983

Reaction score
is the frg22 update safe to use on droid 1 non rooted, and is it better than frg01b

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is the frg22 update safe to use on droid 1 non rooted, and is it better than frg01b

You have to be rooted to use on FRG22. Either that or if you install it you will be rooted.

I don't think it's better then FRG01B. I had market issues. I don't see it as being faster or that much different.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is that a easy way to get rooted

One of the versions of FROYO that I downloaded had root. But if you are already on FRG01B I'm not sure what will happen if you try to download it without root. When I did it I was on 2.1.

Probably the best thing to do is to use sbf to flash back to 2.0.1 and then root and install. But again, I didn't think it was that different then FRG01B. Other then that it gave me market issues.

OP
mrwright1983

mrwright1983

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i guess i be safe and stick frg01b, do you know when the next update will be for the flash

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can get flash now, just go to our Apps area and you will find a thread with it in there. Flash works with your current OS.

I don't know when this second push is going to come out, if it will be FRG22 or something else.