Freed from iTunes...what program are you using?

eznark

Reaction score
I've played with Media Monkey and Songbird in the past, but since I've had an iPhone for the last 2+ years I've been shackled to itunes. I'm doing a quick and dirty sync right now with WMP just to see how it turns out, but I was wondering what everyone else is using, if anything? Has Songbird made any decent advancements in the last couple years? Do these other programs even work for a crap? Do you have any great tips on how to use your program of choice best?

godanigo

Reaction score
At this point I've tried just about everything to sync my G1/Droid. I'm currently liking Media Monkey the most. My problem is that I have too much music to fit on the memory card so I can't just sync my entire iTunes library. I imported all my playlists from iTunes to Media Monkey and it's syncing all of them with my Droid. Sweet Deal. It's the only way I can find to actually import a playlist into Android instead of having to make it manually.

xeddiemetalx

Reaction score
Music Sync

I was wondering the same thing i tried to download Motorola media link and it does not seem to work with windows seven should i use media monkey

jsquared

Reaction score
I downloaded Motorola Media Link. Also if your PC/MAC recognizes your phone as a drive why not do it how when you used to burn CDs? folder-subfolder etc...I've gotten used to this since 1999 so I subconciously organize all my music this way

ryanm

Reaction score
I use mediamonkey and had rhapsody from my voyager both work well enough. I'm using 'I music' and that folder as my music dir.

epchris

Reaction score
I would put a plug in for MediaMonkey, when I'm in windows it's what I love using the most. I spend a lot of time in Linux though, so I find myself using Amarok a whole lot.

GSteagall

Reaction score
Media Monkey..it's the simplest and most organized application I've used other than iTunes (Which I used Media Monkey to reorganize my screwed up music folder that iTunes caused :p)

spirit20

Reaction score
Yes Droid will work with Winamp. I use it but I am trying MediaMonkey on for size because of all the positives.

BrianHanifin

Reaction score
For mac users DoubleTwist works great for copying music, photos, and videos. I don't know about playlists though.

sir

Reaction score
i'm using windows explorer and it's drag+drop feature. seems to be working great so far!

=p

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have also been using DoubleTwist to put music on the Droid however ive been having to manually add Album Artwork. NOTE Any albums you had iTunes Automatically Get Album Artwork for you, it will not show up in the Droid.

REARless

Reaction score
i'm using windows explorer and it's drag+drop feature. seems to be working great so far!

=p

Agreed, music managers are way over-rated. Just drop my damn music folders in a directory called music and f-ing play them! Sheesh. The Droid does this thankfully. I HATED Itunes with every fiber of my being.

heem

Reaction score
Yup ^^ No reason to make a complicated mess of your MP3s with a fancy shmancy database and such.. just keep them in a folder on your computer. That's the nice thing about the droid is it just lets you copy files back and forth without the need for fancy itunes or such app.

KISS - Keep it Simple, Stupid.

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Drag & drop is fine but I'd like to be able to have play lists. I really don't have the time using a droid and creating them there.