Free Calls?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ok so my girlfriend has a backflip on AT&T. She got Backflipp because she wanted an android phone like me i told her to go to Verizon an get the daddy phone (Droid!) but she refuses to leave her familys plan for mine so she got the backflip instead of the Nexus. Anyway i was reading abit back on a forum on how you could talk for free on these phones an since she has limitied minutes an refuses to do friend an family is there anyway we can talk to each other over these two phones for like free through google?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
need google voice, i believe is the method.

diverbelow

Reaction score
There is this (which I found on this forum), but you will need to add a number to F&F:

1] Your incoming settings in Google Voice should say to show your Google Voice number for caller ID, and if you want to know who's calling select announce caller before answering option
2] Outgoing, just dial your Google Voice number, hit option 2 and dial the number. This way your not going through some access code, your dialing out with your GV number. That's annoying to do for every call right? Well download gvmynumber - Project Hosting on Google Code, install it on your phone and it'll do it for you. Since your GF has a backflip, she is unable to install that apk, unless it comes from the market.
3] Add your Google Voice number to your Friends & Family (if you have F&F). That's it. No need to add access codes, no need to change codes every time you travel somewhere, no need to worry about minutes.

You will have unlimited outbound and inbound using this method.

Darkseider

Reaction score
There is this (which I found on this forum), but you will need to add a number to F&F:

1] Your incoming settings in Google Voice should say to show your Google Voice number for caller ID, and if you want to know who's calling select announce caller before answering option
2] Outgoing, just dial your Google Voice number, hit option 2 and dial the number. This way your not going through some access code, your dialing out with your GV number. That's annoying to do for every call right? Well download gvmynumber - Project Hosting on Google Code, install it on your phone and it'll do it for you. Since your GF has a backflip, she is unable to install that apk, unless it comes from the market.
3] Add your Google Voice number to your Friends & Family (if you have F&F). That's it. No need to add access codes, no need to change codes every time you travel somewhere, no need to worry about minutes.

On point number 2. You can install non-market apps on the Backflip through the ADB console. There is a bunch of writeups and how-to's out there regarding this.

diverbelow

Reaction score
Ok so my girlfriend has a backflip on AT&T. She got Backflipp because she wanted an android phone like me i told her to go to Verizon an get the daddy phone (Droid!) but she refuses to leave her familys plan for mine so she got the backflip instead of the Nexus. Anyway i was reading abit back on a forum on how you could talk for free on these phones an since she has limitied minutes an refuses to do friend an family is there anyway we can talk to each other over these two phones for like free through google?

On point number 2. You can install non-market apps on the Backflip through the ADB console. There is a bunch of writeups and how-to's out there regarding this.

Very true, but in the OP his GF refuses to do F&F with AT&T. Another possible way is for her to install iSkoot with Skype plug-in, and for MistaShowtime to install Skype.