foreign language sms

dakim

Reaction score
any asian droid users??
i've downloaded an app that lets me input korean language
everything works, except texting..
if i input text in korean and send text messege, it says it was been sent but the recipient never receives it!
any asian droid users here know a way to text in korean?

dlwhdtjr

Reaction score
I was waiting for a question like this to pop up. I am extremely curious as to why this happens too! I have a little theory, try texting to people that have phones that can read korean such as... LG Ice Cream, LG Secret, LG Xenon, or even maybe another Droid that has the korean input language app! Get back to me on this! If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.

OP
D

dakim

Reaction score
i tried texting to my friends iphone and it didnt go through
and tried txting to my droid using his phone, i never got the text
the text only goes through when using English

i think i read somewhere that verizon's cdma signal service does not support foreign language texting.

i have yet to try texting to another droid with korean app.

OP
D

dakim

Reaction score
i texted a korean to another droid user with korean app and it works
i heard also t-mobile can txt korean with only t-mobile
im guessing this is the same with verizon

wangster

Reaction score
My friend has Droid. I have Storm (with Korean language input).
My friend was able to text me in Korean on his Droid and I could read it.
We both have Verizon by the way...

Too bad Storm doesn't allow Korean input on the SMS window (not that anybody cares in this forum)...

batmanxgirl

Reaction score
korean texting works droid to droid, but not to iphone. does anyone know if this can be changed in the future??

accchoi

Reaction score
which korean keyboard did you guys use?

I'm currently using 한글 접촉식 키보드 and one from kandroid.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It probably would just depend on if the recipient had a Korean language and dictionary installed would it not? Or maybe Im way off Im really not sure

V

volando

It's probably not just Korean that's limited, I tried sending a text message in Russian and it was rejected by the network, as in - it wouldn't even send, the problem was definitely not related to other people's phones...

Speaking of language-related stuff, can you guys see ID3 tags with non-unicode Korean in it? Mine all come out as garbage and I don't know of any replacement for the music player that would work here... Converting all ID3 to Unicode is a last resort and I guess there might be a program to simply the process somewhere...

batmanxgirl

Reaction score
no, my friends has korean text installed on their iphone...maybe it's a cdma or carrier issue??:confused:

these are fun.:noworktomorrow:

mark729

Reaction score
yea,,,I heard that it's carrier issue.
코드가 틀려서 그렇다고 들은것 같습니다. ^^

no, my friends has korean text installed on their iphone...maybe it's a cdma or carrier issue??:confused:

batmanxgirl

Reaction score
그럼 미래에 바꿜수있나?? @.@ or is it...hopeless to exchange text messages to non-verizon users??

jkwakopo

Reaction score

Yes, I guess Verizon network doesn't support unicode... There are some forums about international language support on google tech forum... Im not sure if we can send Korean/ w/e to android phones within our network but I surely can't send Korean text to my gf's iphone and i do not get any korean text from her... But i do know Android phones in Korea come with pre loaded language support... Blame the network?? or Google?

and is it just me??? My 3g is slow... slowest ever... had this phone since December last year and it's really slow...

Sushipath

Reaction score
Text Messages with non-Roman scripts

Been a while since the last post, but hopefully someone's still around...

Has anyone been able to text in Japanese from the Verizon network, with a Droid? I'm trying to text a friend (who has an iPhone with AT&T, physically in the U.S.) using Japanese, but any non-Roman letters/characters are either garbled, or the message is simply lost. I've a Droid 2, and have no problem inputing Japanese (with Simeji or OpenWNN Plus) into any program (including the built-in Messaging, or Handcent), or displaying it in e-mails or web pages, but I can never receive any readable texts containing Japanese, nor can my friend receive any that I send. Text messages with regular Roman (English) characters she receives just fine-- it's just anything in Japanese script.

If the earlier posters who successfully texted in Korean, on Verizon, are still around, I'd be interested in knowing how you did it.

sinsuh

Reaction score
Korean works...

For those with a smartphone on the Verizon network, sending Korean texts will work only when texting other users who are also on the Verizon network. I.e Droid to Droid or Droid To fascinate, etc. But if you would like to text others in Korean, there I'd an apparently for the iPhone and android phones called 카카오톡. It doesn't use text fees, only 3g data.