Follow-Up: Microsoft Taunts Google After Closing LG Patent Licensing Deal

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Only if there is a USA vs Apple too.

If google doesn't want this to happen anymore, they should start patenting their stuff too in Android. Apple and M$ are using their ideas freely.

thats the issue being open source...... The source code is free for anyone to use and manipulate.

captdroid

Reaction score
So Microsoft is admitting the only way they can make it in the smartphone business is collect license fee's?! Sounds pretty lame for such a large 'innovative' company such as Microsoft :icon_ devil:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open source...
Free to use but not make money with, right?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open source...
Free to use but not make money with, right?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

its the difference between something like windows where you have to purchase the OS compared to linux (also open source) where you can find free distributions online easily

google doesnt sell android os anyone can make it themselves if they have knowledge of how to develop (or there are even easy tools out there to really help almost anyone build thier own) google makes money off different things ASSOCIATED with android os, im not sure exactly what though but im sure part of it is through advertising and part is from their own nexus devices

dont quote me on that but im pretty sure thats basically how it works

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Twitter WAR!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
these guys have been watching house wife of (name the city) way to many times. LOL

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Hey Microsoft, your OS blows and if not for the licensing fee you would be finish. Hows those phones working on Verizon, oh wait!!

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This pic I found of Balmer from Microsoft and an executive from LG adds some comedic fuel to the fire of this topic. I just loved the greedy, giddy look on Balmer's face, and the "I just got taken" fake smile on the LG execs face. Priceless.

the-cat-caught-the-canary.jpg

Here's the link to the TalkAndroid source of the pic: Microsoft Signs Yet Another Patent Licensing Deal, LG Is The Latest To Fall Victim | TalkAndroid.com. I don't know if this is a picture from the present or the past, but it certainly does fit the situation. :D

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
Hey Microsoft, your OS blows and if not for the licensing fee you would be finish. Hows those phones working on Verizon, oh wait!!

Windows Phone 7 is actually a really good easy-to-use mobile OS. I have about 65 HTC Trophy WP7 handsets for my project managers and support staff. We had all Droid 2 Globals before, and that was a disaster. Try getting 65 construction project managers and superintendents mostly over the age of 40 to navigate through the MotoBlur abomination on the Droid 2... It was a nightmare.

I'm a big Android guy and love the OS obviously. The customization it allows and all the awesome stuff you can do with a rooted handset is great. Some people just don't need all that.

Josefius

Reaction score
The actions of Microsoft and their tools don't surprise me. They have always been douchebags, even as far back as Gates hanging around IBM's offices.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
we seriously need a IP law reform... this whole crap about patenting , that is such common use, needs to be nipped in the butt. I mean seriously, just imagine going after every OS that exists, and make em pay royalties for being able to use a keyboard and/or mouse in order to navigate/manipulate it, based on the OS being recognizing your input trough keyboard and/or mouse...

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Microsoft....so hypocritical.....they are saying "stop acting like babies sueing over patents....get a life"....meanwhile they were trying to sue Motorola.....for patents.:blink:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that it is totally ghey for multi-billion-dollar corporations to sit there posting shots at each other on Twitter like they are 15 year old girls or something?

alboboy10

Reaction score
I hate Microsoft. I hate apple. Hurry up Google and bring chromium out because I don't wanna buy another windows computer or laptop in my life.