Flash 10.1

irish91983

Reaction score
Hi Im new here sorry if this is in the wrong spot I keeping reading all this news about how flash 10.1 is out for the moto driod but yet I cant find it any where to download. Can any one tell me how to find it or whats going on with it.

Thanks

RichStevenson

Reaction score
It's not out for the Droid. It's out for Android 2.2 (FroYo) and is currently in beta 3. So if you want to use flash on your Droid, you'll have to root your phone and install one of the FroYo roms out there.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Havent been up to date with this this thread but just got this email:

Fuel Faster Application Development: Announcing new tools and runtimes in the Adobe Flash Platform

The wait is over! Adobe® AIR® 2 and Adobe Flash® Player 10.1 are now available. These new runtimes, in combination with the recently released Adobe Flash Builder™ 4 software (formerly Adobe Flex® Builder software) and Adobe Flash Catalyst™ CS5 software, let you build unprecedented web applications and content experiences that run consistently across browsers, desktops, and now on mobile devices, leveraging the Adobe Flash Platform. UBIQUITOUS RUNTIMES Both Flash Player 10.1 and Adobe AIR 2 include performance improvements that provide new support for x86-based netbooks. Flash Player 10.1 now supports mobile devices by adding new APIs for native device capabilities like multitouch, gestures, and accelerometer. AIR 2 provides enhanced support for mass storage devices and peer-to-peer network support using UDP. With the new runtimes, you can run web applications in the browser with Flash Player 10.1, and run desktop applications outside of the browser with Adobe AIR 2. ROBUST TOOLING If you haven’t already downloaded Flash Builder 4, you’ll find over 80 new powerful features that make building web applications faster than ever. If you are already in the middle of building an application using Flex Builder 3, don’t worry. You can easily import your applications into Flash Builder 4 and compile them against the Flex 3 SDK while still enjoying the benefits of the new features in Flash Builder 4.

If you work with a designer or do the design work yourself, Flash Catalyst will help save time by allowing you to transform static artwork into a functional UI for your Flex application that you can import directly into Flash Builder. From there, you can build out the application logic and data connectivity.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
10.1 is fully available for the PC.

10.1 full version was just released to developers and "mobile partners". That is what the hype is about, the mobile version is no longer beta.

However, they haven't linked it to where you can get it, even if running froyo right now. Best to my knowledge is still beta-3 until someone leak it or they link it out.

Droidster163

Reaction score
I just finished moving up to 2.2, and now wanted to get the flash player. I cannot seem to find a link anywhere. Is there a link to the old betas anywhere? Or the new?