FitBit App for Verizon M8?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
All of the reviews I watched prior to getting the phone talked about the fitbit app that doesn't require a tracker. The phone works as your tracker and you can leave the fitbit device at home, or in your car, etc. This app is supposed to be installed with the rest of the Bloatware.

However, my Verizon M8 did not have the app. I tried setting up the HTC apps and it wasn't there either. I looked in the Play store, and it's just the normal fitbit app that syncs with the tracker through Bluetooth that any phone can use. So, does anyone have the app? And once again, I don't mean the Play store fitbit app, or the Sense widget that shows my badges. I have both of those. Supposedly, there's an app that uses the M8 as your tracker.

Why do I care? Because sometimes, like last Friday, I forget to charge my Force and it's dead all day. Since it takes the special cable, I don't have a way of charging it at work, so it's dead until I get home. If I had the fitbit app that tracks my steps using my phone, I wouldn't have to worry about my force being dead, because my phone would track my steps and keep my account up to date.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
You have to download the fitbit app and it syncs over Bluetooth. I use it daily!

~ Beth ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Sorry. So you mean the phone would be your step tracker? Haven't heard of that through fitbit. I've heard of other apps. We tried them at work but it wasn't accurate at all.

~ Beth ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Engadget's take:
HTC's collaboration with Fitbit isn't the end of activity trackers... yet

I still haven't found the "Phone to be my tracker" option, but if I can't do both, then I don't care. I'd rather have the Force be my tracker and the phone as a backup, but you can't do both.

Like I said, I still haven't found this, but at least now it doesn't matter. LOL

prochu

Reaction score
I just picked up a M8.

Login to the fitbit app, go to the 3 dots thing where settings is and select devices. Scroll down to the bottom where it says setup new device and then click on the bottom where it says no tracker yet?

Then you'll need to update some HTC stuff.

I don't know if this will mess up your regular force, I just discovered that this is an option. I'm hoping I can combine the steps.

Cheers!