jj

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The new lithium batteries really don't need a 24 hour charge (the booklet says do it) because once they are fully charged the stop charging and cannot be overcharged. You can go ahead and plug it in and use it immediately if you want. I just let mine charge until it was full, about 2 hours and started using it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plug in and charge, shouldn't take long. Won't need to do 24.

Activation, just follow prompts and create your Gmail account, you shouldn't really have any issues.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i just let mine charge til it was full. It can't be overcharged so if you want to leave it in overnight you can, that's what I do now.

FireDroid

Reaction score
I picked mine up in the store and started using it right away, ran about 3 hours worth of errands using GPS and maps and of course playing with it. Then went home and plugged it in and played with all the settings and what not for a few hours while it was charging and I have seen no ill effects from it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hello afgroyalty...I moved your thread to the Eris section.

Good luck

mhotovec

Reaction score
I took my phone home, plugged it in and started playing with it while it was plugged in.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me concur from a former VZW employee side, the lithium ion battery cannot be overcharged. They do not need "exercised" like batteries of the past.