Few Questions Pertaining to Moto Droid

romangreen23

Reaction score
Is there any app or setting that can enable me to skip over the unlock screen during music playback? (I find it very cumbersome to have to press the top Power button, perform your swipe/unlock, and then press Next just to change a song.)

What's the general consensus on the best video player/app on the Droid marketplace? I'd be willing to shell a few bucks if it was a perfect 10 player. Something where I can drag/drop my mpeg files onto the phone and then have it playback?

Thanks!

[I have new questions! Please see below... thank ye all].

Silver Member
Reaction score
the phone always locks when the screen shuts off. the best way aroudn this is to leave it plugged into a charger. you could go into the app development portion of the phone and tell it to never shut the screen off, but that will be for everything, until you change it back.

there are a few ways to get and play mp3s on the phone. different people recommend different methods. personally, i just stream music from pandora or iheartradio and if i'm looking for a specific song, i use imusic or youtube.

jodyberry

Reaction score
Is there any app or setting that can enable me to skip over the unlock screen during music playback? (I find it very cumbersome to have to press the top Power button, perform your swipe/unlock, and then press Next just to change a song.)

What's the general consensus on the best video player/app on the Droid marketplace? I'd be willing to shell a few bucks if it was a perfect 10 player. Something where I can drag/drop my mpeg files onto the phone and then have it playback?

Thanks!

Try Keepscreen. It allows you to specify which program(s) that you DON'T want the screen to go to sleep on. I use it for Slacker and Phone.

Also, if you want it to sleep, get AwakeStay. This allows you to wake up the screen just by clicking the volume or camera buttons. (No swipe to unlock).

EDIT: AwakeStay is the wrong name - thanks to Martins post below I realized it was called SCreenModeWidget. Thanks MArtin!!

myriad46

Reaction score
I can't remember what it's called, but I think there is a Home screen app that puts music controls on the lock screen. Search for "music controls on lock screen" and something should pop up.

Good Luck.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks!
myLock (do a search here in the forums) is an app in development. It's not available on the Market but you can download and install. It works the same as Screen Mode Widget.... except there's a major difference that is a benefit of myLock.
Screen Mode Widget = bypasses the swipe, the power button, volume rocker, and camera button will all WAKE the phone from sleep.
myLock = bypasses the swipe, but ONLY the power button will wake the phone :)

OP
R

romangreen23

Reaction score
Apologies for reviving this thread AND double-posting but I did use the search forum function and couldn't find my answer to this question:

- When using the Droid with a bluetooth headset, does your Droid's screen automatically shut off after some time (30 sec, 1 min) ? I haven't tested this extensively but I don't think my Droid does this when I am NOT using bluetooth and simply on speakerphone. I ask this because, it is a pain to have to press the top button and then touch the screen to end the call.

- Also, does anyone else's music player occasionally skip or glitch for a milli-second when the screen adjusts from landscape or portrait?