Few camera questions (Haven't found the answers)

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hey guys, first off Cheers to everyone that got their X yesterday! WOOHOO!!!

I love this phone!

I don't really understand all the hate for the camera, I love it. Sometimes its not the best but wow is it still great.

Im having a lil problem though.

Anytime I take pix everyone has red eyes in the photo. As many times as i've taken pix (around 20) I always have red eyes. What can I do to solve it?

Also, I seen somewhere a post concerning the shutter sound. I don't remember what the solution was (if there was any) Can anyone help me with that? It's annoying and a bit of an attention grabber when Im taking random pix in the street to just use the camera and everyone stops to look at me and wonder if im takin pix of them. I live in ny so everyones a bit over aggressive at times lol.

Thanks everyone. =)

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
bump! I kinda need help, im trying to take some pix of friends in the office and we're all getting red eyes!

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
bum >_> 7 pages behind 60+ views and no help =(

stryguy

Reaction score

I love this phone!

I don't really understand all the hate for the camera, I love it. Sometimes its not the best but wow is it still great.

Anytime I take pix everyone has red eyes in the photo. As many times as i've taken pix (around 20) I always have red eyes. What can I do to solve it?

Also, I seen somewhere a post concerning the shutter sound. I don't remember what the solution was (if there was any) Can anyone help me with that? It's annoying and a bit of an attention grabber when Im taking random pix in the street to just use the camera and everyone stops to look at me and wonder if im takin pix of them. I live in ny so everyones a bit over aggressive at times lol.

Thanks everyone. =)

I run my phone in Silent Mode (Settings/Sounds/Silent Mode) which mutes everything except ringing and alarms. You still hear the dings for emails/texts etc. Just not keypresses and!!! The shutter of the camera!

Red eye is caused by having a light source too close to the camera lens and the person's pupil being open wide because it's dark. The light then enters the pupil (which doesn't have a chance to close) and bounces off the fundus and shows the blood in the back of the eye.

You can stop this through a couple means. You'll often find a 2nd photo closely following the first will have less or no red eye. This is because the person's pupil is contracting from the first photo's flash.

Additionally the closer you are to the person the less likely they will have red eye.

But really the only real solution for a camera like this is someone implementing red eye reduction which is a quick flash before the actual flash. This makes the pupil contract and the subject no longer has red eye but rather has unnaturally tiny pupils.

You know there's manual ISO and exposure settings on the camera. You should try setting the flash to OFF and bumping up the ISO.

Izord

Reaction score
There's an app called "Silent Snap Camera" free version. It starts the camera so it takes pictures with no shutter sound. Works. Free version has a flash screen that displays an ad till you touch it, then it goes away and camera works normally after that. Pro version I haven't used.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Turn off the flash when you can then no more red eye.

Doesn't really help at all with the majority of photos. The picture just comes out even darker.

I love this phone!

Thanks everyone. =)

I run my phone in Silent Mode (Settings/Sounds/Silent Mode) which mutes everything except ringing and alarms. You still hear the dings for emails/texts etc. Just not keypresses and!!! The shutter of the camera!

Red eye is caused by having a light source too close to the camera lens and the person's pupil being open wide because it's dark. The light then enters the pupil (which doesn't have a chance to close) and bounces off the fundus and shows the blood in the back of the eye.

You can stop this through a couple means. You'll often find a 2nd photo closely following the first will have less or no red eye. This is because the person's pupil is contracting from the first photo's flash.

Additionally the closer you are to the person the less likely they will have red eye.

But really the only real solution for a camera like this is someone implementing red eye reduction which is a quick flash before the actual flash. This makes the pupil contract and the subject no longer has red eye but rather has unnaturally tiny pupils.

You know there's manual ISO and exposure settings on the camera. You should try setting the flash to OFF and bumping up the ISO.

I'll try this thanks, I usually take pix upclose because its me n my gf in a potrait mode pic. But the flash still gives us red eye and multi-shot doesnt use flash.

There's an app called "Silent Snap Camera" free version. It starts the camera so it takes pictures with no shutter sound. Works. Free version has a flash screen that displays an ad till you touch it, then it goes away and camera works normally after that. Pro version I haven't used.

Thanks! Thats what i was looking for.