Fake "5000 Samsung Galaxy S4 via Facebook Giveaway" on Droid Forums News Page.

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
Please excuse me if this is a double post or if it has been asked/stated elsewhere. I searched but didn't find anything.

A few days back I remember reading a post on droidforums on the main page (I just call it the news / top stories area) about 5000 Samsung Galaxy S4's being given away by Samsung via facebook. Today I decided to look back in on it to find out when/how they were going to announce the winners and could not find anything about the contest on Droid Forums. I searched facebook & a couple other places and found a LOT of information stating this contest was a fake/hoax.

I love DF and the front news area as I find that almost every post/story is something that interests me or that I find useful but if this is a fake contest I would hope that DF would make that information as readily available to us as they did the news of the contest. Does anyone know anymore about this?

Thanks!!

"Samsung is Giving Away 5000 Galaxy S4 Smartphones to ... they plan to giveaway 5000 Galaxy S4 smartphones to 5000 lucky customers!"

OP
F

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
I had thought of that as a possiblity but usually isnt there a ha-ha or a gotcha posted somewhere. Could be the answer though.

Thanks for your reply.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think there was a thread about this a few weeks ago when it first announced. Anything like this (free ps4 testers, xbox testers, Xperia phones, etc.) all are scams. What they do is collect your information and you'll get spam even more often than you do already.

OP
F

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
I realize these type things are almost always scams. The only reason I thought it was real is that it was a main story on DF main page a few days ago. I thought I might have been mistaken on where I saw it but there's cached pages of it.

Thank you!

Bowtie

Reaction score