Fail message when installing RSDLite

lazarusrevol

Reaction score
I am trying to install Rsd Lite to root my phone for upgrading from Steel Droid 4.5 to 4.8 and all i get is this message , and i don't know what it means.. :blink:
View attachment 55692
Already tried two times to install it, and already downloaded once again.

If anyone knows i would be glad to hear his opinion.
Thanks.

Last edited:

linuxgator

Reaction score
You didn't try installing a 64-bit version of RSD Lite on a 32-bit system or install 32 bit drivers on a 64-bit system or vice versa did you?

linuxgator

Reaction score
Also, if you're running Steel Droid 4.5, you should already be rooted, why do you need to RSD Lite back to stock?

OP
L

lazarusrevol

Reaction score
Also, if you're running Steel Droid 4.5, you should already be rooted, why do you need to RSD Lite back to stock?

Cause i'm a kind of noob in such things since i am not sure about the process between. And if my droid gets into a brick it means more troubles to me..

Nope the setup i have was used in the same computer 8 months ago, but now after the format it won't run :) So i guess it's the normal 32bit setup .

linuxgator

Reaction score
My guess is that it has something to do with the .net installation, i've been seeing a lot of errors on other machines lately and they all seem to boil down to that.

OP
L

lazarusrevol

Reaction score
windows update had problems in that installation too.. i just can't understand.. it keep failing all the time. now i did manually cause of you and there is no notification about that update..

anyways do you mind showing me the topic(with the guide) about how to update the rom from 4.5 to 4.8?

cause i had a lot of problems lately with Steel Droid. Frequent restarts was the most annoying thing..

linuxgator

Reaction score
When you initially installed 4.5, did you use Droid 3 Bootstrap or did you use Safestrap?

linuxgator

Reaction score
Alright, here's how I would update to 4.8 (assuming you have 4.5 installed with safe system enabled):

NOTE: This method will delete all of your data and you will need to reinstall all of your apps. It will not touch anything on the sd cards.

1. Download the steel droid 4.8 zip file and put it on your phone's sd card
2. Reboot phone, select recovery
3. At safestrap recovery main menu, select Backup/Restore and perform a backup
4. After backup completes, return to the main menu
5. Select mounts/storage
6. scroll to format /system and select it
7. Repeat with /data and /cache
8. Return to main menu
9. Select install zip from sdcard
10. Navigate to the file and begin install
11. Once install is complete, return to main menu
12. Select Wipe Cache Partition
13. Once that completes, from main menu, select Advanced
14. From Advanced menu, select Wipe Dalvik Cache
15. Once that is complete, go back to main menu and select reboot phone.

You should be booting into steel droid 4.8 at this point. If you choose to install any of the addons, put them on your sd card, and repeat steps 9-15. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

doogald

Reaction score
7. Repeat with /data and /cache

I think that this step can be skipped and you can just do a wipe data/factory reset from the Safestrap main menu before or after installing the zip file. That option formats /data and /cache (it also wiped .android_secure on the SD card, so any apps that were installed to the "media area" on a previous ROM will not suddenly appear after restarting the phone.) There would also be no reason to wipe dalvik cache - formatting /cache and /data does the same thing. (Wiping the cache partition and then wiping dalvik cache is redundant as well.)

I am also pretty sure that Steel Droid's install does a /system format as one of the first steps of its install but I suppose it won't hurt to format that as well. Redundant and will use a bit of battery, but won't hurt.

linuxgator

Reaction score
You can do it that way as well, I've just found this to be the most consistently effective way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

lazarusrevol

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your info. I just hope sudden restarts and several other problems will stop now :)