Factory Reset Droid 2?

nickguz

Reaction score
if i factory reset my droid 2, will i have to call verizon from a different phone to activate it? or do i just call the number when i turn on the phoneand it will be done like that?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All you'll have to do is sync your google acct

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Thruway

Reaction score
Spaz bascically said it. If you are friendly with the Verizon store close by, and local store. Ask them to show you how to factory reset it. It's not hard but at least you know what you were doing, when you do it!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your talking about a hard reset. I have the instructions to hard reset a droid 2.

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.
3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
5. Tap*wipe data/factory reset then tap*OK.
6. Highlight*reboot system now is highlighted then tap*OK.

credit to techniques.com

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

ricks

Reaction score
Your talking about a hard reset. I have the instructions to hard reset a droid 2.

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.
3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
5. Tap*wipe data/factory reset then tap*OK.
6. Highlight*reboot system now is highlighted then tap*OK.

Cant you just use the factory reset option in the setting in the phone. It just looks like too much work to do it that way. I know that their is a factory reset on the Droid1 and the X

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is. You could really do it either way it just depends on how the phone is behaving.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App