Fact Search Application

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
app.jpg

Android is great for searching anything from Google, but it if you are looking for random facts, this new application is just for that. Released by Wolfram Alpha, this application can tell you the most random of all facts and more. If you want to know how much 53,271 apples weights... This application can tell you all.
The whole concept is that people (like myself) like to know random things so you can bring it up in a conversation.

Well if this application seems attractive, the price is not too bad. The application costs a $1.99, and so it does not break the banks but I am sure only true fact lovers will pay that amount.

News via: IntoMobile

ajk23az

Reaction score
This app is great. You can enter almost any mathematical equation also and it will do it for you. +1 from me!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i've loved wolfram alpha for a long time because its awesome and very helpful in calculus.

but i just want to let everyone know: when the official wolfram alpha app came out for ios it was around $50, so $2 is pretty good. but they have a pretty good mobile site anyway

ajk23az

Reaction score
i've loved wolfram alpha for a long time because its awesome and very helpful in calculus.

but i just want to let everyone know: when the official wolfram alpha app came out for ios it was around $50, so $2 is pretty good. but they have a pretty good mobile site anyway

It was around $50 when it first came out on Iphone but now they reduced it to $1.99 on there also. It was pretty dumb to have it around $50.

tktouch12

Reaction score
ya i figured theyve dropped it down by now, but i was just pointing out.

the thing is there are free unofficial apps in the market that do this, and the mobile site is good enough. but, i guess might as well get it for 2$

ajk23az

Reaction score
ya i figured theyve dropped it down by now, but i was just pointing out.

the thing is there are free unofficial apps in the market that do this, and the mobile site is good enough. but, i guess might as well get it for 2$

Yeah thats what I use, the Wolfram Alpha quick launch. Works perfectly fine for me.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Who the he'll would pay 50$ for an app? 2 to 5$ is the max for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
About $10 was the most I paid for an app, but I suppose I would pay $50 if it was pure mind blowing AI... But back on subject, I am going to test this app out...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay, I am back with some feedback. This app is awesome. I love that is has so many facts worked out. Great for me because I love astrology, and always find random facts of that sort to be interesting... Sometimes I run into an issue where it doesnt know what I mean, like I know if has the data, but i dono how to tell it to give me the data in a certain way... ehh I am a newB with it too...

Apps are nice, and this one is great, but it is also has a mobile website that does the same exact thing for free? hmmmmm?

dietche

Reaction score
Step 1> create a bookmark in your browser to: m.wolframalpha.com
Step 2> longpress your homescreen and pick Shortcuts
Step 3> choose Bookmark and pick the previously mentioned bookmark in Step 1.

Done.
I just saved you all 2 dollars each. :happy:

And yes, you can still get all those wierd facts and do wonderous calculations this way,
just the same as the unneeded app.

If you want to donate to someone, hell, donate to me instead, I'm far poorer than Wolfram.
Disability sucks, believe it.