Facebook sync problems with Droid Maxx?

mcx3rbm

Reaction score
Picked up my Droid Maxx yesterday and am having trouble getting my facebook contact pics to display on phone book. I have synced facebook and it is not showing any of my fb friends. I have gone to contacts to display, clicked facebook, and no friends there???? Any suggestions??

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have had the same issue. I'm guessing that we need to wait for a Facebook software update to fix this. I tried syncing my Facebook contacts via People icon and It added my Facebook numbers but not any pictures. I remember when I first picked up my Razr, it took a few weeks before my contact pictures synced up. That's what we get when we get a bleeding edge smartphone.

hotpuck6

Reaction score
I was having the same issue and from what I read, it's not a maxx issue, but anything running above 4.1.x. Apparently google and Facebook have decided to stop playing nicely together and Facebook sync not being fixed in newer versions of android is one of the casualties. I got HaxSync because of this and it seems to be doing a relatively good job of syncing my fb pictures with contacts.

Casen

Reaction score
+9000 For HaxSync

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

hotpuck6

Reaction score
+9000 For HaxSync

I don't know if I'll go back to regular sync from haxsync even if they fix it. This screen is incredible, and having high res contact pictures makes everything even more awesome looking.

But seriously, the maxx screen is so nice looking I want to lick it.