Facebook Places

billyanks2

Reaction score
So, much as I love foursquare, and have been growing tired of Facebook's problems, not many of my friends use foursquare and all of my friends use facebook. I expect that though I prefer foursquare, facebook places will end up being more useful. That having been said, I tried to access facebook places on my droid x, (via touch.facebook.com as they recommend at facebook.com/places) and i couldn't see a way to access places. Has anyone successfully used it on a droid x?

Also, does anyone have any idea when the android app is going to get places support?

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
Just read an article on Cnn that FB says right now it only works for the Iphone but the Androids will come later. Here is the link to the article.
Facebook introduces check-in feature - CNN.com

right, that is in reference to the FB app's places functionality.

the article you cited also says "Facebook Places is available immediately in the United States through the latest version of Facebook's iPhone app and, for other advanced mobile phones, through the company's site for advanced mobile devices."

Meaning for android it should work on touch.facebook.com

D_R_0_1_D

Reaction score
Facebook Places works on Droid

There's no Droid app (yet) but Facebook Places DOES work on Droid. You have to point your browser to touch.facebook.com and make sure GPS is on. Touch the "Places" tab and check-in. Works a treat! And this is likely to replace FourSquare for me too and for the same reasons. There's like 2 friends in my entire city on FourSquare but LOTS more on Facebook.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
For some reason on my touch facebook page it wont let me upload photos from my phone. However, on my g/fs droid1 she can use facebook just find. Do I need to do something to fix this?

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
Wanted to bring this back up. I have a D1, and trying to use the Places on Facebook. I have GPS and Wifi on, location settings on. But everytime I hit the Places tab, it says it can't detect my location? I have tried this at 3 different places. Am I missing something?

D_R_0_1_D

Reaction score
I gave up on using FB places. Maybe if they bring out a Droid app I'll go back to it, but it's too much of a pain to use any browser. Instead, I still with Foursquare and tell it to post to Facebook. Same end result, but a lot less bother.

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
I gave up on using FB places. Maybe if they bring out a Droid app I'll go back to it, but it's too much of a pain to use any browser. Instead, I still with Foursquare and tell it to post to Facebook. Same end result, but a lot less bother.

agreed. QFT

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
Wanted to bring this back up. I have a D1, and trying to use the Places on Facebook. I have GPS and Wifi on, location settings on. But everytime I hit the Places tab, it says it can't detect my location? I have tried this at 3 different places. Am I missing something?

despite my last reply to this thread, I thought I'd give it a try on the web browser anyway, and I had the exact same issue as you did. oh well. if they update the facebook app for android to include places I might use it, but otherwise I'll stick to foursquare.