Facebook mobile..can't get current posts

dcook12

Reaction score
When I log into facebook on my droid, I get messages from yesterday. How do I set it so it is current. I know when I go to facebook on the web, the same thing happens. I have to click on most recent because it defaults to top news which is not current. That option is not on the phone version unless I am missing it.. I refreshed, checked every setting I could find and still cannot get the most recent posts....Help if you can....thx !!!

droider4life

Reaction score
I refreshed, checked every setting I could find and still cannot get the most recent posts.
This is Facebooks new way of doing things. They want you to see the most "Active" posts and not the newest.

Try downloading the app called "Bloo" from the market. Its a pretty straight forward app and always shows the most "recent posts". Do not expect the notifications to work. (they use to work good until FB changed their notification setup and now they dont work)

OP
dcook12

dcook12

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the help!!! I downloaded bloo and the only problem I am having is when I first use the app it asks me for a 6 digit pin..when I click to get a pin, it says it failed and try again and then logs me into facebook. And I have to sign out and back in to get close to the most current posts. But I guess that's close enough. Definitely better than the regular facebook app!! Thanks for your help!!

droider4life

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the help!!! I downloaded bloo and the only problem I am having is when I first use the app it asks me for a 6 digit pin..when I click to get a pin, it says it failed and try again and then logs me into facebook. And I have to sign out and back in to get close to the most current posts. But I guess that's close enough. Definitely better than the regular facebook app!! Thanks for your help!!
EDIT: i just found this article, it appears the bloo app is going to be discontinued(sorry for the misguidance). Guess we are all back to the mobile browser until we find a replacement. http://fbandroid.wordpress.com/2010...tober-bloo-too-future-uncertain-and-googletv/

OP
dcook12

dcook12

Reaction score
LOL..I was just posting back with the same URL. When your suggestions did not work (not your fault...thanks for helping) I found that Bloo had a facebook page and read what you did...Oh well, maybe it will get someone to want to develop the same type of app...Thx again!