Facebook contacts sync?

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to find a facebook app that will sync my contacts so that it at least updates contact photos with users default profile picture.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
I

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Ok I got that app but can you tell me how to fix the read only contacts? It won't link them

ksaevig

Reaction score
In settings click or unclick "override read only check" to match your preference. Then leave settings, go to sync and sign into facebook. Don't add facebook to your accounts in the phone settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
I

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Ok I signed out in my settings and clicked override and now it works for some but not others. Its linking everyone but not updating the picture on my contacts but for like three of 20. It shows the picture on the app but not the contact itself

OP
I

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Ive also tried unlinking relinking syncing again and rebooting.

ksaevig

Reaction score
Check your syncmypix settings and make sure that if you selected only syncing contacts with phone numbers that these contacts have phone numbers in your phone. Also make sure that the contact's name is spelled exactly the same as they spell it on Facebook. After you've double checked that, I suggest rebooting as a last measure. Let me know how it goes!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
I

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Ok I don't know what the problem is cause my brother is spelt right and it still won't do his and I have hiss number too. But, I don't know if it was there before but I noticed in contacts you can hit menu and add friends, it gives you a list of your facebook friends, you select them and it then lets you link them. So I will just use this route. Thanks alot for your help. Sorry to be such a hassle