1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Extending the battery life

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by adsherma, Oct 28, 2010.

1. adsherma

adsherma New Member

Do any of those battery extending apps work and if so which one is best???

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. naman919

naman919 New Member

I've used JuiceDefender since it came out when the OG Droid was released. I like it and it works but has some quirks. It's not compatible with 2.1 for some reason, but most everyone should be on 2.2 by now.

I'm running CM6 with it and the only thing i hate is that JD has trouble activating the 3G connection. I have JD set to disable 3G when the screen is off, thus saving battery, but the program has a hard time reestablishing the fact the screen is on and forgets to activate 3G.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it's been happening frequently enough that i'm considering uninstalling it. YMMV. It could also be conflicting screen settings that were added into CM6 that are confusing JD.

Give it a shot.
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I really do not think they work to the level they claim. If you are having a battery life issue there are a couple of things you can look at to improve your battery life.

The first one is ..... do you have a task killer installed?? If so, uninstall it and get rid of it. They are big battery drainers and really are useless on the Droid.

The other thing is ..... is your phone rooted?? If so do you have it overclocked. This can be a battery drainer if you are not using some kind of controls.
  4. indcolts18288

indcolts18288 New Member

Where is the task killer located and where is a goodn place to buy a better battery? Thanks

5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If you have a task killer it will be listed in your apps. Go to menu > settings > applications > manage applications

As for an extended life battery you can check with Amazon. I believe they have the best price on them.
  6. indcolts18288

indcolts18288 New Member

Just had a droid for a few days so I appeciate everyones input. What exactly does a task killer do? Which is the best one and would or do u use one?

7. bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73 New Member

Search tags for this page

droid a855 battery life