Extending the battery life

naman919

Reaction score
I've used JuiceDefender since it came out when the OG Droid was released. I like it and it works but has some quirks. It's not compatible with 2.1 for some reason, but most everyone should be on 2.2 by now.

I'm running CM6 with it and the only thing i hate is that JD has trouble activating the 3G connection. I have JD set to disable 3G when the screen is off, thus saving battery, but the program has a hard time reestablishing the fact the screen is on and forgets to activate 3G.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it's been happening frequently enough that i'm considering uninstalling it. YMMV. It could also be conflicting screen settings that were added into CM6 that are confusing JD.

Give it a shot.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I really do not think they work to the level they claim. If you are having a battery life issue there are a couple of things you can look at to improve your battery life.

The first one is ..... do you have a task killer installed?? If so, uninstall it and get rid of it. They are big battery drainers and really are useless on the Droid.

The other thing is ..... is your phone rooted?? If so do you have it overclocked. This can be a battery drainer if you are not using some kind of controls.

indcolts18288

Reaction score
Where is the task killer located and where is a goodn place to buy a better battery? Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

indcolts18288

Reaction score
Just had a droid for a few days so I appeciate everyones input. What exactly does a task killer do? Which is the best one and would or do u use one?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Just had a droid for a few days so I appeciate everyones input. What exactly does a task killer do? Which is the best one and would or do u use one?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App[/QUOTE

Do a search of task killers in the forums. Task Killers are a waste and aren't necessarily good for the phone. And I believe that none of the "battery savers" are any good either.

Also, I just bought the 2800mAh battery from Amazon which is suppose to get you at least double the output of the OEM battery.