Exchange sync issue

parttimer

Reaction score
Hello, new to the site, don't have a droid but I do have a client that does. I am trying to connect his droid to a SBS 2003 server with a GoDaddy certificate. The droid goes through with getting the account info and everything then when you are done just goes to a blank screen. I then tried to connect it to my exchange server with a self signed cert and it connected just fine. Any ideas? Other users do sync with the server in question, but I believe they use blackberries or palms. They do not use a BES server either.

OP
P

parttimer

Reaction score
Yes, I have done that, if I don't it doesn't go past that! It is very odd.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Other users do sync with the server in question, but I believe they use blackberries or palms. They do not use a BES server either.
How exactly, then? A BB would require OWA, IMAP or POP access if BES isn't an option. Can't speak to the way the Palms connect.

OP
P

parttimer

Reaction score
Ok, I found it they are not Blackberries, one is a Motorola Q. Apparently everyone in the office has a windows based phone and the droid is the only odd ball in the group. According to the exchange connectivity test there is a warning on the certificate trust. It says the certificate is only trusted on windows mobile 6.0 and later. Windows mobile 5.0 and 5.0 +msfp devices will not be able to sync. Could this be my problem?