Essential Phone Price Dropped To $499

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
essential-phone-white-jpg.78002

Andy Rubin's new hardware company has experienced major growing pains to say the least. Their first flagship launch was a major disaster. The Essential phone was announced to plenty of fan fair and hype. Pre-Sales went live and shipping dates were promised and then pushed back. Finally the phones shipped and we found out that the company wasn't even able to break a couple thousand in sales. The phone had camera issues and was priced way to high to not be perfect in every way.

Essential had announced a $200 price drop which means the phone is now selling for $499 which would have been a much more attractive starting point. The phone is still very interesting and I am sure will pick up a bit of steam now that it is priced to sale. Does this reignite anyone's interest in the device?

Attachments

• essential-phone-white.jpg
    essential-phone-white.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,775

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
essential-phone-white-jpg.78002

Andy Rubin's new hardware company has experienced major growing pains to say the least. Their first flagship launch was a major disaster. The Essential phone was announced to plenty of fan fair and hype. Pre-Sales went live and shipping dates were promised and then pushed back. Finally the phones shipped and we found out that the company wasn't even able to break a couple thousand in sales. The phone had camera issues and was priced way to high to not be perfect in every way.

Essential had announced a $200 price drop which means the phone is now selling for $499 which would have been a much more attractive starting point. The phone is still very interesting and I am sure will pick up a bit of steam now that it is priced to sale. Does this reignite anyone's interest in the device?
I really love the looks of this phone. Would've gotten one if it had better camera.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was hela interested in that seafoam colored one. Which isn't even COMING SOON anymore. They don't even offer a white one anymore.
This phone / company is doomed. Bye Bye Essential.

boidsonly

Reaction score
I was going with the V30 but with this price drop I may grab one when (or if) the other colors are released.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Personally starting a new company and new device would have been smarter with a introductory price to get people familiar with the company and their direction. Basically it should have been competitively priced to the the OnePlus devices. As they built up a following and showed they can make a quality device then it's a different story like the Google Devices. Just MHO.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Friends and Family Offer

$200 more if ya know someone that paid full price or camera maybe for ones that have the phone

Sent using Tapatalk
Am I reading Correctly then it would be $299? That would be a good deal for a Device with those Specs. Just need a Code from Someone who already Purchased one.