Eris Questions

countryboy498

Reaction score
My wife has an Eris and I have the Motorola Droid. I love my GPS but I am trying to figure out if the Eris has a navigation feature that will help her get from point A to point B without getting lost. If someone could help with that I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, her phone seems to have a bad habit of butt dialing people. We might just hang up and then a few minutes later her phone will automatically call me back or call her last call. Is their a solution for that?

Thanks,
Dan

oopslolz

Reaction score
There is no turn by turn directions right now that are anything to even bother with, google maps directions is about the best you can do. When the android 2.1 update comes in the next few weeks hopefully she will have the same navigation as you do I believe. Also if it's "butt dialing" the shes not locking it (pressing the end key when not in a call). i have the eris in my back pocket all day and never dial anyone. If I accidentally press unlock i wont accidentally slide my finger to unlock it and start randomly calling people in my pocket.

OP
countryboy498

countryboy498

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I keep hearing about this 2.1 update on both my phone and the Eris...... I will believe it when I see it. I sure hope its true.

mhotovec

Reaction score
There ARE apps in the market that will add turn by turn to the Eris, but unless you're just in a hurry for her to have it you might as well wait and get it for free.

And I agree with Oops, if you're wife puts her phone to sleep before pocketing (or pursing) it that will help with the butt dialing problem. Even better is to close the phone app and then put it to sleep - since I started doing that with mine the butt-dialing problem has gone away.

oopslolz

Reaction score
There ARE apps in the market that will add turn by turn to the Eris, but unless you're just in a hurry for her to have it you might as well wait and get it for free.

None of them are any good and all cost a decent amount of money for an app. I hate to say it but right about now, I miss VZ navigator

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

None of them are any good and all cost a decent amount of money for an app. I hate to say it but right about now, I miss VZ navigator

It is part of 2.0. If we ever get that update.

VZ Navigator?!?! You ARE desperate! :)