emulator

dda87

Reaction score
Fairly new to the droid only had it for about 4 days so still figuring out stuff. I downloaded an emulator and I just can't figure it out at all. I think I downloaded a mega man game but maybe I can't find it. If someone could walk me through that'd be great

ClausG76

Reaction score
You need to be more specific. What emulator did you download. Normally you start the emulator and then you load the rom. The rom is a game image and it has to fit the emulator (snes for snes). You might also want to setup the controls the way that suites you best.

Last edited:

kole

Reaction score
Fairly new to the droid only had it for about 4 days so still figuring out stuff. I downloaded an emulator and I just can't figure it out at all. I think I downloaded a mega man game but maybe I can't find it. If someone could walk me through that'd be great

ok since you didnt specify which emulator ill just use gba as a example.
when you download the emulator it usually needs a .bin file to run. the gba file is called gba_bios.bin and for somethin like nes nes_bios.bin, ect. then go to a site where you can download the game rom, it will be in youe /download folder move it to your sdcard or make a new folder called "00 gba games" the 00 is so that it will appear at the top of the list of files in the gba file finder thing, so you dont have to scroll down and find it. then just copy paste rom into folder. back into emulator, find rom, folder, click on the game, should load up, your good.

OP
D

dda87

Reaction score
Snenoid lite is the emulator I also just got mojo nes lite haven't tried that one yet

Big Lou

Reaction score
First, good that you got Snesoid. But... for NES, I would highly recommend Nesoid--easily the best emulator.

What you want to do is download the rom files for your emulator. SNES games are called gamename.smc. Place these roms on your SD card (I put them in folders: /SNES, /NES, & /GBA). Once they are on your SD card, open the emulator application and it will open a file browser. Navigate to the folder you put the roms in and select your rom.

If you are using the GBA emulator, you also need the GBA bios. You can get that here: gba_bios.bin

Simply point to the GBA bios (after placing it on your SD card) when the emulator prompts you.

OP
D

dda87

Reaction score
Ok a little update on myself. I got the nes roms working perfectly someone told me to install astros so that app can unzip the files for me my problem now is the snes games when I dl them from doperoms.com I can't find them under my downloads and when I try freeroms.com it just sents me to a link with all foreign writing so if anyone could help me out with this that'd be great. Also has anyone seen the game gripper for our phone? Is it any good? I just orderede one :p

OP
D

dda87

Reaction score
also what makes the nesoid better than the mojo nes