Email push data

tindogify

Reaction score
Need help.. in order to receive emails I have to push it manually... is there a way that I can get it anytime without pushing it manually?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Need help.. in order to receive emails I have to push it manually... is there a way that I can get it anytime without pushing it manually?

Well first we need to know what email are you using, the stock app or something like Dolphin, K9 etc. Also, are you talking about gmail, AOL, Hotmail, Comcast (or other cable provider) etc. Corporate or exchange email are a whole different story. Need more information.

OP
tindogify

tindogify

Reaction score
I'm using gmail and yahoo.. when I go to settings under email my push data is on I don't know how to turn it off but it's searching every 30 minutes but I don't receive nothing every 30 minutes

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm using gmail and yahoo.. when I go to settings under email my push data is on I don't know how to turn it off but it's searching every 30 minutes but I don't receive nothing every 30 minutes

I might be able to help you with gmail, but I don't use Yahoo so may not be of much help. I have read a number of threads with people having problems with the Yahoo email client, not just on the Razr. I think there is a good thread on the Moto Support Forum for the Razr that talks to the Yahoo issue...suggest you check that out. Now, for gmail...you should not have to set your phone up to check gmail...gmail is push to your phone from the gmail servers...you should not have to do anything. If you don't want gmail to push the gmail to you go to menu>settings>accounts>select gmail account and uncheck the sync options you don't want.

OP
tindogify

tindogify

Reaction score
thanks ...I'll try that and then I'll see how it works

OP
tindogify

tindogify

Reaction score
I think I found the problem.. I have a droid 3 which it was hooked up with email and gmail account.. is there anyway that I could have droid 3 active via wifi without my gmail account

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I think I found the problem.. I have a droid 3 which it was hooked up with email and gmail account.. is there anyway that I could have droid 3 active via wifi without my gmail account

On your Droid 3 go to menu>setting>accounts and select your gmail account and turn off sync for email.

OP
tindogify

tindogify

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't know how to explain myself ... I have a droid 3 that I no longer use but it was still active with my email and gmail.. I have a razr now that I have to manually push to receive email and and gmail... why?