1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email process goes into lengthy periods of high CPU usage

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by spiff72, Jun 13, 2010.

1. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Does anyone else find that the Email (com.android.email I think) app/process burs through a lot of CPU cycles sometimes? I am using the OS Monitor app with the active notification area icon that shows the current CPU load.

I have a program running on my work PC called mNotes wireless that acts as an Exchange-like client for Lotus Notes and my droid. I do have to reboot the computer about once every 4 days or so, but the program works acceptably. I would like to find a better solution, but my IT department at work won't support personal phones.

Does anyone have any ideas how to prevent this? It is killing my battery life!

I am using CM 5.0.7.1 with the 7 slot kernel to 1.2GHz. No themes.

I have peeked at one of the Froyo leaks, and I noticed that the Corporate Calendar app seemed to disappear. I am wondering if this will help once the official 2.2 is released. I don't know, though, if the email process helps to sync the corp calendar too, since I can't recall ever seeing the Calendar process running...

Thanks
Search tags for this page
android email app high cpu

android email cpu usage

android email high cpu

android email high cpu usage

android email process usage
android email uses too much cpu
android email uses too much cpu time
com.android.email cpu load
com.maildroid cpu usage
email showing high cpu usage on android phone