Eclipse updates?

wrxman17

Reaction score
Can I flash a new eclipse update without wiping my data? Also my contacts don't show up from my backup assistant using the remix. Will this be fixed?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Unless it's a patch, you should always wipe with any ROM.

Ditch backup assistant and sync your contacts with Google. Login to your verizonwireless account, go to backup assistant, select all, export as .csv file. Log into gmail, click contacts, import, pick .csv file. Go back to your phone, menu, accounts, pick your gmail, uncheck and recheck the sync contacts tab. You'll be good to go from now on...

myriad46

Reaction score
Can I flash a new eclipse update without wiping my data? Also my contacts don't show up from my backup assistant using the remix. Will this be fixed?

You may also want to consider posting in the Eclipse thread. They also advise in the first post, the answer to your question.

EDIT: Or here.

Last edited:

Dark-V

Reaction score
I had v0.5 on my phone and tried to just do an update to v0.6 without wiping and I was having a bunch of issues. It's always recommended that you wipe before installing if ANY issues arise. All my contacts are synced with Google and I use SMS Backup and Restore to save my SMS messages so I just have to install my apps.

The whole process usually takes me 20 minutes start to finish so it's not an inconvenience to me.