easily change email accounts?

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
How can I easily change my email account in the stock email app? The only way I can find is to go to settings and change the default account. My razr has a nice little toggle button on the top left.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Are you talking about Gmail accounts or "other" email accounts?

It's easy to add a Gmail account, and then toggle back and forth. (within your Gmail go to settings > add account) When Gmail is open, the account you're working with is shown on the top right corner. Tapping it brings up a new page showing all available Gmail accounts. Tap any one of them to view mail (or tap "new account" to add another)

But if you're talking about "changing" (your term) to a different default Gmail account, that's a bit more complex.

Last edited:
OP
J

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
I am taking about how I can easily view another inbox, like switch from my corporate inbox to my Yahoo inbox, the only way I can find to do this is to change the default account. This is using the stock email app not gmail

KL1

Reaction score
You can access the different email accounts from the messaging app.
I don't know why they set it up this way but it is odd.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
J

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Ok, you can access the different accounts from the messaging app however it still takes too many button presses. I want to push one button, have whichever inbox open and push another button to be able to choose an alternate inbox. Is this possible? Any alternate e-mail apps I can try?

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Agree K-9 Email is a great app! I have 6 different email accounts which I use. You have the ability to have emails from several accounts merged into one mailbox but color coded to know where it came from or.....keep it clean by having one box but access email from ea account separately. If you get really user friendly, you can also customize notifications, the color of ea account, as well as customize the color of ea LED blink.