EA Mobile to 'take advantage' of Android trend

S

SEGA

EA Mobile to 'take advantage' of Android trend

It seems like more and more developers and publishers are jumping on the Android bandwagon, with the latest being Electronic Arts. Speaking at the Deutsche Bank 2010 Technology Conference, as reported by Gamasutra, EA CFO Eric Brown discussed the company's plans to ramp up support for Android in the near future.

Brown noted that "there's a lot to happen in the future in Android" and EA is set to "position [its] mobile business to take advantage of that trend." Brown cited the increasing adoption rate of Android devices, and noted that he believes the market is shifting toward smartphones, what he described as "a PS2 to PS3 transition."

It's not surprising to see EA so eager to support the Android OS. Last year, the company made a killing on the iTunes App Store, publishing four of the top ten best-selling games on the platform, including the overall best-selling game, The Sims 3.

biggles

Reaction score
Does that mean EA will finally release NFS Shift for android, which was originally supposed to be released June 4 of this year?

ExtremeT

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just saw that over at Gamastura...EA releases are always plagued with issues, sorta like Gameloft. Hopefully they clear those up before flooding us with more titles.

@Biggles I have a feeling the reason for NFS: Shift isn't released publicly yet is because it's being used in some gaming tournaments right now. I'm just guessing though.