1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DX2 Corporate Email

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by BillyT, May 21, 2011.

1. BillyT

BillyT New Member

Can't get corporate email (corporate sync) setup on the DX2. Didn't have any problem with my original Droid (email). Spent quite a while on the phone with tech support, she was able to get it running fine on a DX. Anyone else having a similar problem. Any suggestions for alternatives?

BillyT
  2. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

That is a deal breaker for me, if exchange support is not there.
  3. cobjones

cobjones New Member

I've noticed that when I got the D2 from D1 that I had to add my domain in front of my username.

Try that and let me know.

Sent from my DROID2
  4. BillyT

BillyT New Member

The way the domain name was setup on the D1 was different from what I had to set it up on the DX2. Made the changes, have work email and can see my calendar - yea!dancedroid. VZ was ready to give me another phone, it wasn't a game changer for me though.

BillyT
  5. cobjones

cobjones New Member

Sweet...

Good to hear...

Sent from my DROID2
  6. reneebailey

reneebailey New Member

How was the domain name setup different on the DX2 vs DX ? We can get the Droid X users to sync, but I can't get my new X2 to sync. All settings appear correct. It looks like it's trying to sync, but no go. :huh:

I really don't want to return this phone and go back to my Brickberry.
  7. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Exchange support on the DX2 is definitely there...I've seen several posts from others using it on the DX2.

It would be good to know from BillyT what he found going from the D1 to the DX2. On my D1 if I remember correctly, the domain/id were entered on one line ("/Domain/ID") whereas on the DX2, you have separate fields for each item...
  8. SuBDivisions

SuBDivisions New Member

My x2 setup flawlessly, and we are on older Exchange 2003 here.. Syncd contacts, email, calendar, tasks..
  9. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Interesting, there is no task sync that I'm aware of on the Android moto devices. You sure you got task sync?
  10. SuBDivisions

SuBDivisions New Member

Your right, i said tasks by mistake.. it did NOT sync tasks.
  11. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Thanks, was hopeful for a moment there... :)
  12. reneebailey

reneebailey New Member

Totally agree. BillyT, help a girl out!

Anyhow, on the DX2, domain and id are still on same line (Username = domain\username). Without domain, logon fails. I've tried using username@domain with no success as well.

With domain\username, it looks like it sets up correcntly. I check the inbox, it reads "No messages", so I'll manually sync and it just spins.

I've deleted and readded the account multiple times now. Nothing. . .

I'll keep searching the forums.
    Thanks!
  13. BillyT

BillyT New Member

When I setup the corporate sync account, what I did on the line for domain was add the domain and a backslash (no user name). When I tried to set it up with domain-backslash-username, it failed. Now when I check the settings, it has it setup as domain\username (as it was in the D1).

I had to change me password yesterday, to say I was nervous about it is an understatement. I have not had any problems since I set it up and got the success message.
  14. reneebailey

reneebailey New Member

Still no luck here. . . I've poured through our Exchange settings as well.
    Frustration beyond belief.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm able to get the "Success" page when adding the account, but I STILL do not get any messages or calendar items sent to my phone. It fails to sync.

If I don't get it fixed by 2:00, I'll have to go back to my Blackberry, so I can stay in touch with work.

:frown:
  15. reneebailey

reneebailey New Member

Wow. . . Just spent 30 minutes with Verizon and 15 minutes with Motorola on the phone.

Motorola had me try a free third party app (Improved Mail by mtwebster) and was still unsuccessful, so apparently there's a setting that needs to be made on my Exchange server (which I manage), although every other Anroid device that my staff members use connect fine. They could not tell me anything about the differences about encryption, etc. that could be causing the problems with the DX2 to actually sync the email on the phone although the account appears to set up fine.

Response was because it isn't "officially released" they cannot help to tell me what I need to tweak on my Exchange server to allow my Corporate Email to work.

(Why then would I be able to purchase this from Verizon if it is not "officially released" ???? RAGE. . .)
    :icon_cussing:

So, are any of you familiar with the differences in encryption or possible causes for one Android phone to work with our Exchange 2007 SP3 server (running Server 2003 R2 SP3) and not the DX2?

Desperate. . . I told Level 2 that I'm ready to send it back, to which they responded that Level 3 can call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I give their Level 3 support until the end of the day to call me back or it's going back to Verizon, and no one in my organization will be allowed to purchase and connect Motorola devices to our Exchange server.

Thank you so much in advance!
  16. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Touchdown is the only exchange app that fully syncs 100%....and that includes notes.
  17. Redflea

Redflea New Member

I was going to suggest Improved Mail, so VZW beat me too it. I can't believe they called it "unreleased." What bizarre corporate speak. I feel your pain, a phone w/out exchange access is about as useful as a paper-weight for me. My wife is getting Exchange access set up on her DX2 this week (requires moving her phone to her company's corp account)...it had better work or hers will go back as well.
  18. Alztybrn

Alztybrn New Member

Is there any update to this? My wife just got an X2 and I can not get the corporate sync to work. All the settings are correct...in fact played around with all the username/domain combos and nothing.
    I just keep getting the "Log in to the account failed. Please try again"

Any help is greatly appreciated :)
  19. yakusa88

yakusa88 New Member

Update on Droid X Corporate Sync Issue

As of today, August 26, 2011, there still appears to be no Android/Motorola based solution to this issue. I have downloaded the Touchdown app like many others, requested the pertinant installation details from my organization and am now using it for "corporate" email and calendar access. I'm still in the 30 day trial window for Touchdown, but I too will likely purchase it for $19.99 so I can maintain my connectivity to my work.

I did speak with VerizonWireless I.T. today and requested they enter a ticket with Motorola on our collective behalf to push for a permanant solution via software upgrade. I encourage everyone who encounters this problem to contact Motorola and request a permanant solution. Something that worked perfectly on "old" technology should not need a work-around (for an additonal cost) with the upgraded technology. And I would think that Motorola/Google would CARE very much as this issue makes this phone less competitive against B-berries and iPhones.
  20. DanKoval

DanKoval New Member

Here is what I just did on a friends phone:

Email Address: Your email address
    Password: Your password
    Domain: Blank
    Username: DOMAIN\User.Name

****Important*****
    Click the Menu Button, click "Set Up Manually" and add the server name manually
    Leave Use Secure Connection checked ON

Click NEXT!!!!
Search tags for this page
add exchange account to a dx2
addding corporate email to droid x2
allow simple password activesync abcd
android this device cannot be provisioned on this server
corporate email exchange 2010 droid x2
corporate sync for droid x2

corporate sync the device does not support this server versi

droid x2 corporate email setup

droid x2 corporate sync issues