Duplicate text messages, sending & receiving (not a handsent problem)

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ned4spd8874, Jun 9, 2010.

1. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 New Member

Every once and a while either when I send a text it will double it, or when I get one, I'll get two. I don't use that handsent program. This is all though the native messaging in the Droid. It happens about once or twice a day. Not every time. But I don't have a large messaging plan, so I would like to get it stopped.
  2. wbbgjr

wbbgjr New Member

I have the same problem and i also do not have any 3rd party text messaging app installed.

I just found out that some of my text messages are coming in late... so far I know one has come in about 2 hours late. I'm suspecting it is verizon which is a huge disappointment. Maybe verizon is turning into the next at&t where the droid is too popular of a phone and overloading their system?
  3. Fault

Fault New Member

Happens to me all the time, never had a double of what ive sent, but had it happen from what i recieve. The first day I got the phone it started even
  4. mavfan

mavfan New Member

Repeat messages

I'm using Handcent and also am getting repeated SMS messages. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I'm on a limited text plan, so I'm hoping these aren't "real" duplicates.

Beyond that, it's very annoying with all the notifications I get... 2x for Handcent, and 2x for Messaging!
  5. Arachnidus

Arachnidus New Member

I too am getting this, and I'm really sorry for the necro bump, but it's getting annoying.
  6. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

Apparently there is no fix I guess. I as well have Handcent and ruled that out by uninstalling it and setting the original SMS to defaults and I randomly get double text's every day. I probably get 60-70 percent of (incoming only) duplicate text's.

The only idea I may have is.... Are we all having this issue because we rooted our phones and maybe it's an isue with our ROM? I use SS 4.8
  7. mavfan

mavfan New Member

Not rooted

My phone is not rooted. I got a Droid2 as a warranty replacement for a D1. Haven't had the same issue with the D2... until about a week ago, when it started on my D2. I have never installed handcent on this phone.
  8. Evanthes

Evanthes New Member

my phone is rooted and I get these all the time. Original Droid with handcent. Any ideas?
  9. nocoolname

nocoolname New Member

I'm getting the problem with duplicate recieved messages, then sometimes my phone doesn't send a message, then if I turn it off, when I turn it back on, it sends these unsent messages and I get some 'WTF' texts in response. I'm rooted and using handscent.
  10. mike93364

mike93364 New Member

I was having this problem a few months ago with my windows phone on Verizon as were my friends with their palms. I believe this is a Verizon problem and not a handset problem. I have not talked to my Verizon rep about this yet, I keep forgetting when I see her.

Mike
  11. itchn2go

itchn2go New Member

my wife has this on a PALM Pre (SPRINT) and i have this on a D1 w/ VZW.
  12. droid-resha

droid-resha New Member

on the droid from verizon, using handsent, not rooted, have been getting double messages now for about 3 weeks, all of the messages I get are doubles, some are triples and one I got it 4 times. It is really annoying. I agree I think it is verizon's system.
    has anyone heard from Verizon?
  13. projectrang

projectrang New Member

Haha, same thing here. I randomly check to see if txt messages went through to prevent them from sending on reboot

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App
  14. rystan11

rystan11 New Member

I'm actually on the phone w/ vzw tier 2 technician right now discussing multiple received text messages... I'll post what I find out :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  15. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

i talked to them cause my phone was doing the same and they reset something in my phone when my battery was out and said that should fix it, and it did for like a day and then did it again...it sucks and does get very annoying..luckily i do have a unlimited plan but it still is very annoying...they also told me if that didnt work that they would send a report to verizon techs for the network, and there was nothing else they could do
  16. diamondeyes

diamondeyes New Member

Thinking...but need help

Ive been having the same problem with the handcent app....only in the handcent app it shows one text with a callback number and the other without...i was looking on my default app and i was thinking that it was receiving the one message differently... like it got one message from the person i was texting and the other it was taking off the default app....the main point im getting to and i want to try is...is there anyway to stop the texts on the default app
  17. Answerforyou

Answerforyou New Member

The reason why you guys are receiving duplicate text messages is because you have duplicate messaging services running at the same time. (The default messenger and Handsent.) Go to menu, applications, find your phone default messenger stop the process, and uncheck any notification boxes for other messengers you don't want to use.
  18. Answerforyou

Answerforyou New Member

Also this may be the case.. by going into Handcent ->menu->settings->application settings->default messaging application - and chose "ALL(SMS &MMS)".
Search tags for this page

android double text messages

android duplicate text messages

android receiving multiple text messages

double text messages android

droid x receiving duplicate text messages

duplicate text messages android
how to stop your phone from sending duplicate messages

my phone keeps getting duplicate texts

my phone keeps receiving duplicate messages

my phone keeps sending duplicate messages

my phone keeps sending multiple text messages