Duplicate text messages, sending & receiving (not a handsent problem)

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Every once and a while either when I send a text it will double it, or when I get one, I'll get two. I don't use that handsent program. This is all though the native messaging in the Droid. It happens about once or twice a day. Not every time. But I don't have a large messaging plan, so I would like to get it stopped.

wbbgjr

Reaction score
I have the same problem and i also do not have any 3rd party text messaging app installed.

I just found out that some of my text messages are coming in late... so far I know one has come in about 2 hours late. I'm suspecting it is verizon which is a huge disappointment. Maybe verizon is turning into the next at&t where the droid is too popular of a phone and overloading their system?

Fault

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time, never had a double of what ive sent, but had it happen from what i recieve. The first day I got the phone it started even

mavfan

Reaction score
Repeat messages

I'm using Handcent and also am getting repeated SMS messages. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I'm on a limited text plan, so I'm hoping these aren't "real" duplicates.

Beyond that, it's very annoying with all the notifications I get... 2x for Handcent, and 2x for Messaging!

Arachnidus

Reaction score
I too am getting this, and I'm really sorry for the necro bump, but it's getting annoying.

telex9471

Reaction score
Apparently there is no fix I guess. I as well have Handcent and ruled that out by uninstalling it and setting the original SMS to defaults and I randomly get double text's every day. I probably get 60-70 percent of (incoming only) duplicate text's.

The only idea I may have is.... Are we all having this issue because we rooted our phones and maybe it's an isue with our ROM? I use SS 4.8

mavfan

Reaction score
Not rooted

My phone is not rooted. I got a Droid2 as a warranty replacement for a D1. Haven't had the same issue with the D2... until about a week ago, when it started on my D2. I have never installed handcent on this phone.

Evanthes

Reaction score
my phone is rooted and I get these all the time. Original Droid with handcent. Any ideas?

nocoolname

Reaction score
I'm getting the problem with duplicate recieved messages, then sometimes my phone doesn't send a message, then if I turn it off, when I turn it back on, it sends these unsent messages and I get some 'WTF' texts in response. I'm rooted and using handscent.

mike93364

Reaction score
I was having this problem a few months ago with my windows phone on Verizon as were my friends with their palms. I believe this is a Verizon problem and not a handset problem. I have not talked to my Verizon rep about this yet, I keep forgetting when I see her.

Mike

itchn2go

Reaction score
my wife has this on a PALM Pre (SPRINT) and i have this on a D1 w/ VZW.

droid-resha

Reaction score
on the droid from verizon, using handsent, not rooted, have been getting double messages now for about 3 weeks, all of the messages I get are doubles, some are triples and one I got it 4 times. It is really annoying. I agree I think it is verizon's system.
has anyone heard from Verizon?

projectrang

Reaction score
I'm getting the problem with duplicate recieved messages, then sometimes my phone doesn't send a message, then if I turn it off, when I turn it back on, it sends these unsent messages and I get some 'WTF' texts in response. I'm rooted and using handscent.

Haha, same thing here. I randomly check to see if txt messages went through to prevent them from sending on reboot

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

rystan11

Reaction score
I'm actually on the phone w/ vzw tier 2 technician right now discussing multiple received text messages... I'll post what I find out :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i talked to them cause my phone was doing the same and they reset something in my phone when my battery was out and said that should fix it, and it did for like a day and then did it again...it sucks and does get very annoying..luckily i do have a unlimited plan but it still is very annoying...they also told me if that didnt work that they would send a report to verizon techs for the network, and there was nothing else they could do