Dropped phone now display messed up

unlisted503

Reaction score
I dropped my phone and when I picked it up the screen was displaying lines. Mostly blue or whatever color some of the objects on the screen are about half way down the screen. The phone works fine but the lines make it hard to see the screen. Has this happened to anyone or does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it?

sacnotsack

Reaction score
Happened with my D1, but mine happened out of nowhere. "drop it" again and make sure it hits in the same manner as it orginally did and hopefully it will work again. That's what I did and it worked for me. But now if I bump it too hard then the screen messed up again and I have to "drop it " again

Sent from my DINC2 in Yuma, AZ

OP
U

unlisted503

Reaction score
haha not sure I want to try and recreate the dropping of my phone in case something worse happens. Thanks though.

sacnotsack

Reaction score
My case was pretty extreme. The lines were so bad I couldn't make anything out. Sometimes they were green, sometimes blue, sometimes red.

Sent from my DINC2 in Yuma, AZ

bassJAM

Reaction score
I dropped my phone and when I picked it up the screen was displaying lines. Mostly blue or whatever color some of the objects on the screen are about half way down the screen. The phone works fine but the lines make it hard to see the screen. Has this happened to anyone or does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it?

Do you have insurance? If not try this:

HTC Thunderbolt 4G Screen Replacements and Repair Parts

[video=youtube;zdPiT82gWKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPiT82gWKw]‪HTC Thunderbolt Screen Replacement Take Apart Guide‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

I don't know the quality of the parts, but this is one option.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Why would he need imsurance? If the phone isnt physically dented etc. just do a warranty exchange and dont mention the dropping.

OP
U

unlisted503

Reaction score
Yeah I think I will go for the warranty exchange. The only issue is that my battery shows water damage because I swim a lot for school, and the humidity turned that sticker pinkish on the battery. Do you think I should just buy a new battery/ is that the only sensor they look at?

Nyobie

Reaction score
The moisture indicator could be a problem for you. Some companies look for just about any excuse to not have to fulfill warranty obligations. I haven't had the opportunity to make any warranty claims or insurance claims. The two smart phones I've owned had damage with a shattered screen in one case and in the other case the digitizer created lines on the display. Of all the smart phones I've ever owned, only one had to be replaced by a completely new unit since the digitizer went bad on it again, but after I got to thinking about it and checking the cost of the digitizer display assembly unit, I opted to try fixing the second smart phone again but to do this one myself. My husband did the original display and digitizer replacement repair procedure and it worked fine for months but suddenly had lines on it again and quit responding to touch commands. So, I'll be waiting a few days before the parts arrive and adding this to my weekend project list since my Thunderbolt is out of warranty. It would be nice to have as a functional portable wifi unit that I can have for a rainy day backup unit. I just ordered the parts for $77.96, shipped First Class from repairsuniverse.com which is the same place we ordered the first set of parts and had no problem. Good luck with your exchange.