Dropped droid in water!

brittneybrl

Reaction score
Ok i read the other posts about what to do if you get your phone wet followed the instructions and i can get my phone to turn on but my screen wont light up like my backlight is burned out but every once in a while the screen will flash on for a sec or two and then it will go dark again, any suggestions as to what to do to fix this problem? Are there any fixes? Any help would be totally appreciated. Oh and i was dumb and have no insurance so that is not an option. Thank you

Reaction score
Open the battery door and look to the upper left of the battery under the camera. You'll see either a white dot with red X's or a pink dot. Which do you see? If it has X's, then you can get a replacement using the manufacturers warranty. It's a little shady since it wasn't a defect, but you gotta' do whatcha gotta' do sometimes. Did you keep your phone off for a few days?

nerdkill

Reaction score
feel for you bud. i jumped in the pool with my phone in my pocket like an idiot on memorial day. fortunately i had insurance, but when you add up the deductible and the monthly fee it's not that great... better, but not great.

OP
B

brittneybrl

Reaction score
the water exposure sticker is red, i was already all over that idea, lol. And i did let it dry for like 3 days, its really just the screen and i would think the backlight was burned out but it will flash on and off so i really just dont know.