DroidX360: Android Gaming Device crammed into a Playstation Vita Body

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;o0BN4txob1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0BN4txob1c&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

Do you love to run emulators on your handset but loathe the lack of controls? Perhaps you're a fan of the plethora of Android games but find yourself in the same predicament, having to use the lackluster controls. Well, your prayers may just have been answered. Introducing the DroidX360, an ICS-powered device with a 5" screen (800 x 480), 1.5GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and a 2-megapixel camera. The gaming device also features two analog "joy sticks", D-pad, 4 front buttons, two shoulder buttons, front-facing 0.3 megapixel camera, and a HDMI-out slot to play games on your TV. To charge just plug in any mini USB cable to the port and away you go.

The device is fully compatible with the Playstore and will come packed with nine video game emulators for you to run Nintendo 64, PlayStation, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and Sega Game Gear games. There is no word on pricing or if it will hit the States, but it sure looks like a pretty cool gaming device that we'd love to get our hands on.

Source: Ubergizmo

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if reasonably priced i think it will sell . i think this is the future instead of ipod touches etc.. music and gaming device. just my opinion . which its value is 0.00

if they just made that device to plug into phone that would also be cool

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. I see that being changed.... or a lawsuit from Microsoft will ensue.. unless Microsoft signed off on it.. which is not likely

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I don't care what they call it, I just want one.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If Apple doesn't sue and get it banned.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

quadtronix

Reaction score
I'm confused.... is this a modified PS Vita or is this an actual device for sale somewhere? Is it a phone too? For it to be a real droid wouldn't it have to be on verizon? Anyway... looks pretty sweet regardless! Put me down for one of those if it comes to the US! :)

B0B0

Reaction score
This is ****in awesome.
I rock some pokemon from time to time and when I really get to gaming I'd LOVE to have physical control options. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

B0B0

Reaction score
if reasonably priced i think it will sell . i think this is the future instead of ipod touches etc.. music and gaming device. just my opinion . which its value is 0.00

if they just made that device to plug into phone that would also be cool

It would be awesome if they could make a dock like device that works through your mini USB port. THAT would be awesome. From phone to messaging device to COD 3 gaming platform in seconds. :icon_eek:

B0B0

Reaction score
Banni Ibrahim · Top Commenter · Sales Associate at RadioShack
"The only way it could infringe on more trademarks would be if there was a Mercedes-Benz logo on the backside."

Or if it was called the iDroid 360 and required you to slide to unlock the screen.

lol that's an awesome comment.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the Droid part of this will work out. Moto and VZ had to pay some pretty decent licensing fees to George Lucas to use the name Droid so that's three people/entities that I wouldn't want eying my product for infringement, especially if a lot of units end up being moved. The business world is one where it's probably best not to use copyrighted names first and ask forgiveness later. Just my thoughts on the matter.

6bolt2g

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the Droid part of this will work out. Moto and VZ had to pay some pretty decent licensing fees to George Lucas to use the name Droid so that's three people/entities that I wouldn't want eying my product for infringement, especially if a lot of units end up being moved. The business world is one where it's probably best not to use copyrighted names first and ask forgiveness later. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I'm thinking this chinese company could care less about copyrights or patents. And at this point they could probably adjust the name pretty easially if they had to.