DroidX Doubletwist help??

bill hansen

Reaction score
DroidX - OS is Win 7.

DoubleTwists is installed on both computer and Droid

Where can I locate some directions on how to use DoubleTwist? From reading posts to these forums, it seems like it should be a no brainer - but if there are instructions/directions anywhere, I haven't seen them.

Trying to synch a couple of my own music CDs which are on iTunes on my computer, and also a few podcasts which are in the computer's iTunes. Droid is connected to computer by USB, not WiFi.

Each time I click on the DoubleTwist shortcut in the computer, I get the message that DT must first be uninstalled. If I don't uninstall, of course I can't get any further. If I choose to uninstall, DT uninstalls, then goes through a long process of reinstalling itself. My iTunes content shows up in the DT list, but there seems to be no way to synch it to the Droid. Tried to see if the synch went on automatically without any action by me, but if my music and podcasts I can't locate them either with the Droid "File" app or with Astro file manager.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used this video to learn how, it was very easy.

[video=youtube;BtQsqJQBbKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtQsqJQBbKQ&feature=related]YouTube - How to Sync iTunes with the Motorola Droid [PART 1][/video]

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
Thanks for putting up this video. I really appreciate your help.

My copy of DT doesn't seem to work at all like the promotionals for the program, or like the video. Eventually, by trial and error, I was able to get my music and podcasts loaded onto the Droid. From there, I was able to create new playlists (on the computer) and transfer things to playlists which will at least keep podcasts separate from playlists, and so forth. It's not nearly as elegant as it looks in the video, the cover art is lost, and there's no way to scroll between items (such as different podcasts) along the bottom of the Droid screen - but it works (!!!! - Yeeeaaahh!!), and I can use it this way.

I'm content with it. Maybe at some later time I'll figure out how to make it look like it does in the video - and maybe I'll figure out how to eliminate that annoying default screen which tries to download and install Vcast Media.

Thanks again - Bill Hansen