Droid2, Liquid 2.6 > 3.0 Upgrade stuck at boot screen, No Clockwork

Reaper6971

Reaction score
I may not have done my research on what I needed to do in the first place. I don't really know at this point as I've put a few different ROMs on my D2. However, I need help.

I was on Liquid 2.6 and used RomManager to Upgrade to 3.0. Took backups of everything using Titanium and Clockwork. Once the upgrade was complete my phone went to boot and just sticks at the loading screen. I try to boot into Clockwork Recovery and instead get Android System Recovery (3e). Since it's Android Recovery and not Clockwork I can't install custom roms and am at a loss.

I've been trying to find a "stock" rom to use that will pass signature verification, but so far have had no luck. My thought was to get a stock rom on there, and then go through the process of getting back to either 2.6 or 3.0.

Is this what I need to do or is there some other option?

Thanks in advanced!

OP
R

Reaper6971

Reaction score
I found the D2 2.3.20 SBF and am going to attempt an RSD-Lite flash this evening.

OP
R

Reaper6971

Reaction score
Update:

Tried RSDLite 4.9 w/ 2.3.20 SBF... Phone now reads:

Code Corrupt

Battery Low
Cannot Program

I guess it's WAY bricked now? I don't have another battery to put in it. :(

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well you definitely need to find a way to charge your battery. If you have anyone who has a Droid 1 or a Droid 2 then you can have them charge your battery in their phone or you could charge it externally somehow. There are battery chargers out there intended for external charging.

OP
R

Reaper6971

Reaction score
Luckily my warranty w/ verizon was not up so I now have a new D2 waiting for me at home. The trouble is, I'm pretty damn gun shy about putting Liquid 3.0 on there. I may do so manually rather than use the ROM Manager once I get Root, Bootstrap & Clockwork back on. I just don't know at this point...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
In my opinion that is the way to go. I do not use ROM Manager to install anything, I prefer to boot into Clockwork and do it myself. It is important if you are going to flash liquid 3.0 that you make sure you are running the correct version of android first which should be gingerbread (2.3.3).