Droid X vs Ipad

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
My problem is that I loaned my Ipad to my daughter a month ago and I DON'T MISS IT !!!!! I initially really liked it and used it, but when I got my X, I defaulted to it much more. I use it to check my emails and do my calling. I use it as a music player with my wireless headset. It is an amazing device and I really like it. I also have a laptop that is in the same category!!

W

warp

Computer + Smartphone = :icon_ banana:

But yeah, I've never even considered tablets. I just have my laptop for use at home and when I'm out is when I make the most out of my phone. So a tablet won't really do much for me.

tobytl

Reaction score
Yea, I just want a tablet for home media consumption. Comics/Movies/TV basically, gaming would be nice too. The screen on the X is still just a little too small for comfortable comic reading IMO, though it does the rest beautifully.

I've nearly broken down and gotten an iPad several times, just can't stand the thought of infecting my system with iTunes... (seriously, were the coders on crack? it's literally - I've tracked it - the number 2 cause of PC issues that I've had to fix, right behind limewire. It's even managed to screw up a couple of macbooks that've come across my desk.... Wow, feeling a bit ranty tonight it seems :wacko:)

They need to hurry the hell up with decent android tablets...

chtorr281

Reaction score
I play with the iPad every time I go to Best Buy but I can't quite make myself pull the trigger. My wife has a newer Asus laptop and she hardly even touches it since getting her Droid. The small screen (relatively) doesn't seem to faze her. I still use my old laptop more than my Droid when I'm at home though, which is why I thought a tablet would be the perfect device for casual internet use.

hellfire

Reaction score
I'm in the exact same situation. My iPad which used to travel with me everywhere, now just sits in the glovebox of the car. Nothing more than an oversized iPod these days.