DROID X Video and Audio out of SYNC issues

droidsefx3d

Reaction score
I have been experiencing this issue ever since I bought the DROID X. I'm a video editor and wanted to put my portfolio of my work on my DROID X to show my clients, but after making about 25 videos and playing them back I noticed that almost 70% of the videos I made are out of sync. The Audio lags behind the video. I know the video have been converted properly because they play perfectly on my computer. They are MPEG4 H264. Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or have a solution to this? Could this be a defect on the DROID X? Maybe my audio Bit rate is too high? I can't believe this is happening and that the Droid X couldn't handle this. Any answers here?

Thanks

Ravenell

Reaction score
Yeah, you're not alone. I thought it was some sort of encoding issue with Handbrake initially. Searching the net, I've found others are having the same issue. My symptoms occur when I either pause, or navigate through a video. This even occurs on videos I've created with my Droid X. I haven't resolved the issue except to just let the video play uninterrupted. Annoying, I know.

OP
D

droidsefx3d

Reaction score
About converting videos

Funny you should mention Handbrake. Just the other day I was testing conversions using Handbrake and ImToo video converted and lowered the bit rate and overall quality...and Finally got them to play better. At least sync ok. But another new thing happened when making the videos using both the above mentioned programs. I get a clicking noise that is embedded into the video every 57 seconds. It happened using both programs. There was nothing wrong with the original as they were uncompressed AVI's in perfect form. Now I found a new problem I need to solve. Go figure :)

Duck141

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Thought I solved it by running killitall before playing but thats not the answer. That only helps when shooting video. Are you converting type 1 AVIs or type 2 ?

OP
D

droidsefx3d

Reaction score
Actually I don't know what type AVI's they are because I'm exporting uncompressed AVI's directly from Adobe Premiere pro. There are no compression codecs used. That's why I don't understand this. What's the difference between Type 1 and type 2?