Droid X Quick Contact Widget

Reaction score
I know this is blur and requires some sort of framework change or something. This is the only thing I liked about the blurry ROMs.

Can anyone please help me get this on my phone?

I've tried using adb and rootexplorer to move the quickcontactwidget.apk to /system/app. I used the odexed and deodexed versions. And for sure used the 2.3.340 version just in case. It shows up in widgets but doesn't do anyting when I try to add it to the homescreen.

I also made sure permissions were correct. I just don't know what other files are associated with this .apk.

Last edited:

mtcawirtz

Reaction score
I use the LauncherPro contact wigit and it's just like the Sense UI. Very nice.

OP
insuusvenerati
Reaction score
Gotta pay for that. Plus the default one is better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You can also use Better Cut to get Contact Widget style icons for 1 click dialing/texting...and coupled with LPP, you can add more than the default Moto App will allow...see mine attached below...from first load of Liberty v1.5...

66888082566728764933.png

OP
insuusvenerati
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I've used that before and I just really like the way the moto version looks and works. I just reinstalled Apex. I kind of like some blur stuff. My phone usually stays pretty clean and fast.

I do however have a problem with the facebook service built in. It gives me an internal server error when I try to sign in. I searched and found it might be a facebook problem so I removed all the platform apps and tried to do a turn off turn on but facebook wouldn't let me turn them off. It was just greyed out. I've tried eveything I can think of. It's never done it before and I haven't changed anything on my facebook.