droid x darkslide to stock

carlosg2010

Reaction score
hello there guys, i am brand new to this site so hi, well. my wifes phone is a droid x, but since we bought it, it was working a lil slow and it would freeze, the wifi wouldnt work correctly and some other stuff, so i decided to install the darkslide 4.2 rom, since it worked perfectly fine on my droid x, but the problems continued, so i decided i should try and change it under the warranty, since we've only had them for about two months, so i tried to unroot it n all with a program called maderstock340, and it made it go back to stock, but would verizon be able to know that the phone was rooted? or is it safe to take it in? please help, thanks

wooddale

Reaction score
hello there guys, i am brand new to this site so hi, well. my wifes phone is a droid x, but since we bought it, it was working a lil slow and it would freeze, the wifi wouldnt work correctly and some other stuff, so i decided to install the darkslide 4.2 rom, since it worked perfectly fine on my droid x, but the problems continued, so i decided i should try and change it under the warranty, since we've only had them for about two months, so i tried to unroot it n all with a program called maderstock340, and it made it go back to stock, but would verizon be able to know that the phone was rooted? or is it safe to take it in? please help, thanks
If you used z4 to root and backed your stock rom all you have to do is go back unroot and your done dont know if any apps stay in if they do they wont work never been back to stock only stock rooted

OP
C

carlosg2010

Reaction score
hello

Hi. I rooted with z4 but did nt make a back up. So i used the maderstock app n it looks like its all back to stock. But i just wanna make sure that verizon cant tell that it was rooted at one point

wooddale

Reaction score
Hi. I rooted with z4 but did nt make a back up. So i used the maderstock app n it looks like its all back to stock. But i just wanna make sure that verizon cant tell that it was rooted at one point
I think thats the point of maderstock only way they might know if there are still some rooted apps left in app drawer even though they wont work like I said never been back to stock unrooted and some guys say they dont really care anyway I duno

OP
C

carlosg2010

Reaction score
I think thats the point of maderstock only way they might know if there are still some rooted apps left in app drawer even though they wont work like I said never been back to stock unrooted and some guys say they dont really care anyway I duno

Well ill give it a shot and see what happens. Ill let u guys know k. Just for future reference. Thanks

OP
C

carlosg2010

Reaction score
Hello I am very sorry I took so long to reply. Ok so Verizon has issued us replacement phones. And like I had said in earlier post I used maderstock to restock my wives phone. But now I'm having a problem w my phone. I have tried few different roms but now that I gotta return this phone im trying to set it back to stock using maderstock. But when rebooted there's still some apps from one of the Rome I had used wich was tranquility. So tranq toolbox is left along with droidx bootstrapper and z4root. Not too sure what to do. Any advice