Droid X contacts display group problem

kbillmann

Reaction score
I just got my Droid about a month ago and I synced it with my facebook, and everything worked great. I was able to go to contacts and filter my contacts by groups.

Now when I go to contacts and press menue/display groups a small window that just says "show" appears with a down arrow but nothing else. It doesn't give me the options of selectings all contacts, phone contacts, facebook, google.... Did I accidentally change something.

Thanks
Kieran

Jason603

Reaction score
Now I have this problem. I know my Facebook contacts are still somewhere in my phone because when I searched for a name I saw the list for a second. Nevertheless, all I am seeing is "show" now as you described.

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
I just went into contacts selected - menu - display group - phone contacts.

Then I just hit the menu key and it did keep that setting when I opened contacts again....

luckycat007

Reaction score
I have the same issue - just see a Show pop up menu. When I turn off the phone and restart it works for a while,then at some point I get this behavior again. DX w/2.2.

zwnyr11

Reaction score
Same Problem

I am having the same problem. My contacts are linked with Facebook. When I go into contacts, and click the button that is supposed to sort so that I only see my phone contacts, the only thing that comes up is the word "sort" with an arrow, but no way to sort. Is this fixable or is a phone bug?

studogg

Reaction score
I was having the same problem, but I think I may have found a work around. I would always use the "options" button (left physical button on phone) and then select "Display Groups" and it would only give me "Show" with an arrow next to it, but you can tap the bar at the top that says "Contacts:(insert group here)" and that "Show" menu appears with all my contact groups under it. So when the other one doesn't work, that one is for me, for now anyway.

brosselle

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the "display groups" not showing anything. A reboot fixes the issue, for awhile. Very annoying.

Edit: "you can tap the bar at the top that says "Contacts:(insert group here)" and that "Show" menu appears"

yeah... that works for me as well.

H

headhog

I have the same problem, but I also do not have a bar at the top that says "Contacts insert group here. So I cannot even use the work around.

I'm having the same issue with the "display groups" not showing anything. A reboot fixes the issue, for awhile. Very annoying.

Edit: "you can tap the bar at the top that says "Contacts:(insert group here)" and that "Show" menu appears"

yeah... that works for me as well.

H

headhog

OOPS.

You tap the bar at the top BEFORE you press the menu button. That works.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Can any of you sort your groups? Just so I'm clear, I mean, after choosing your phone contacts, I used to be able to view any combination of my groups within that phone list, ie. family, work, etc.

Is this accessed differently on the X? On the OG, you went into contacts, hit the menu button, hit "display options", which gave you a list of your choices of contact lists, gmail, facebook, etc. But from there, if you selected gmail, you were given a list of all of the system groups, My Contacts, Friends, Family........

At that point you could view any or all by checking them off, which was great for work contacts because of the number I have. I even have mine sorted by job, so if I'm working on a project, I can pull up all of the contacts for that at once.

Any thoughts?