Droid X Charging issue

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by ArcherXring, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ArcherXring

ArcherXring New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason, when I plug my charger into the phone, it doesn't always charge. The phone does recognize that something is plugged in but doesn't always charge (no indication of it charging {no lightning bolt on the battery indicator).It's been suggest that it might be a baterry issue. I've had the phone for a little over 1 year with the same OEM battery.If I buy a new battery, what battery should I get? same OEM battery, extended OEM or go with an aftermarket for either?Thanks in advance for your helpArcher

2. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Have you tried using a different charger? I had pretty much the issue your experiencing and it was just a bad charger. Grabbed another one and it worked fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. ArcherXring

ArcherXring New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, tried 2 other working wall chargers and one car charger with the same results.Sometimes it works fine and other times I have to keep plugging and unplugging it and maybe it will start charging.again, it does recognize that something is plugged in but doesn't charge.Archer

4. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    It's possible it's a hardware issue also. If you know someone else with Droidx or X2 you can try switching batteries or take it to a Verizon store and use one of their batteries and see if it charges. If it also happens with a different battery then you know it's not the battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
charging droid x
droid x charger
droid x charger stopped working

droid x charging issues

droid x doesn't recognize battery

droid x not charging

droid x not charging when plugged in

droid x plugged in but not charging
droid x stops charging
why is my droid x not charging