DROID versus htc touch pro 2

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by apl3, Feb 25, 2010.

1. apl3

apl3 New Member

Hello
    Well i love my Droid but I seem to have a problem. When I first got the phone what made me get it was that I was told it would work in Malasia. Now I find out it wont plus my gps wont work there either. I am going there for a monh for work. Apparently I can go this weekend Verzon said I could look at the Touch. My question is what are the major things that I will miss that the Touch doesnt have ?I like the the google navigation on the droid I dont know what I can put on the Touch or if its comparable, So if you was me would you stick with the Droid buy a separate gps and get a gsm phone from Verizon and pay the roaming etc fees. or see if you could trade in for the global phone Htc touch pro 2? Thanks for any help.:icon_eek:
  2. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

Your GPS on the droid will work. Though you may not get navigation in Malasia and you may have to cache the maps. I would keep the Droid. Are you going to be there indefinitely?
  3. apl3

apl3 New Member

nope just for a month thing is I love my Droid. How would I go about cacheing the maps what software would i need for that ?
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

I'm not sure off hand, but there have been lots of threads about caching maps in case you're somewhere where you don't have a signal. Search the threads.