Droid suddenly not working

Reaction score
No problems with my phone since day 1 purchase. This afternoon, phone looks like it's running, apps window opens but Browser, Market and other apps simply won't open up. If powered off, started up again, same problem. If I hold menu it shows the apps that I started as running but nothing can be accessed.

Settings can be accessed but I can't get down to lower levels such as wi-fi settings.

I tried stopping services but nothing seems to return the software to working order

Is this a software or hardware issue ?

Any suggestions. I'd like to avoid a full reset if possible unless that's a final resort.

spn43

Reaction score
My droid developed same problem after listening to slacker, couldn’t do anything with it so I just exchanged it at local Verizon store….that sucked,,,, I hope that does not happen again….

suzukimethod

Reaction score
those both sound like software glitches...

i had the same problem after installing (i think) weatherbug or a couple other programs. I just started uninstalling all my recently installed apps, starting with the most suspicious, and it eventually was back to normal. i use accuweather now with no probs.