Droid Razr running ICS 4.04 on 6.16.211 VZW need HELP with message notification bug!

woogyboogy

Reaction score
So I just put ICS 4.04 on my Razr today, and whenever I go to type a text message or any text I get this little icon in the notification bar that looks like a keyboard...

cwNZK.png
Uvlno.png

aHxWu.png

Is there anyway to disable this or are we stuck with this annoying little bug?

Thanks!

R3DBAND

Reaction score
I dont have ICS yet so I dont how much help this could be but are there any text drafts that you havent completed? Again dont have ICS so might not be much help.

rotordroid

Reaction score
Hmmm, I am on stock 4.0.4 and do not see the "English - Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard" option...it looks like a third party keyboard because there appears to be the word "donation" in there....I would uninstal that keyboard and see if it solves your problem.​

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@woogy why do you think this is a bug? It is a feature that allows you to change input options. But to answer your question I haven't found a way to turn it off

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
@woogy why do you think this is a bug? It is a feature that allows you to change input options. But to answer your question I haven't found a way to turn it off

It is extremely annoying to have it pop up in the notification bar every time I type something in...

jl0703

Reaction score
woogy

This is a feature to change input methods. This is not a problem

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
The third party keyboard has nothing to do with this...its just another horrible feature on ics...debating on switching back to gingerbread.

m3incorp

Reaction score
Hmmm it goes away when you don't have your keyboard open. I don't really see it as a problem. Not really noticeable if you aren't looking for it. Keep in mind that all OS updates will have some feature that "someone" doesn't like and lack some features that others would like. As you state, maybe Gingerbread is just right for you. For me ICS has more plus'es than negatives.

Josebunbury

Reaction score
hasn't bothered me but again some people will not be fully satisfied, I'm pretty sure once people get better at customizing ICS there will be a way to remove it, just be a little patient..

jrpbulk

Reaction score
Switch back not criticizing you but you seem very impatient, you could sign up to help devs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Inky1216

Reaction score
Its not a bug, and it has nothing to do with a third party keyboard. Its just part of ICS. Pops up when your keyboard is up, goes away when the keyboard is closed. Sort of a weird little thing, but honestly after a week on ICS I no longer pay it much attention up there with my other icons. That tiny thing is enough for you to want to switch back? Enough to negate any good things in ICS? Wow, good luck....

sdoo25

Reaction score
I had that the first time going into ICS. After selecting the keyboard it hasn't come back yet in my notification area.